Can We Appreciate the Art that's Ghost Dog

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
I got this in a dvd package with new jack city , atl and Brooklyn’s finest. I never watched it.... y’all may make me go hunting in my dvd stash tonight

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
His relationship with the French ice cream truck driver was charming.
How it ended was crazy to.
Originality like this is in short supply.

Breh the chemistry between them two was crazy. Like they did not know what the hell they were saying to each other but somehow it made sense. It felt like a hidden layer within those scenes that went over peoples heads.

I stand by the shyt too

fukk THAT SOUNDTRACK

Easily RZA’s WORST WORK EVER. :pacspit:

NEGGED:damn:

You can play this soundtrack from top to bottom and get the sense of a samurai :wow:. Low key Rza is really good with movie scores and need more work in that field.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I got this in a dvd package with new jack city , atl and Brooklyn’s finest. I never watched it.... y’all may make me go hunting in my dvd stash tonight

Word of warning, it is technically a Arthouse flick which means that it's going to be slow and draining in some parts if you are coming into this flick expecting non stop action. It sort of sets the tone of a samurai and reminiscent to this flick:

MV5BMWFjZjRiM2QtZmRkOC00MDUxLTlhYmQtYmY5ZTNiMTI5Nzc2L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

You need to check this jawn out when you get a chance btw:wow:

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
Word of warning, it is technically a Arthouse flick which means that it's going to be slow and draining in some parts if you are coming into this flick expecting non stop action. It sort of sets the tone of a samurai and reminiscent to this flick:

MV5BMWFjZjRiM2QtZmRkOC00MDUxLTlhYmQtYmY5ZTNiMTI5Nzc2L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

You need to check this jawn out when you get a chance btw:wow:
fasho I’ll definitely check for this. And judging by your review I’ll most likely have to wait on a day where I have no kids and a lot of free time to watch now.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
His relationship with the French ice cream truck driver was charming.
How it ended was crazy to.
Originality like this is in short supply.

Years ago someone on the Assata forum was saying how it was reminiscent of when we were on the slave ships with different tribes and still had a connection and camaraderie despite not knowing each other's language. I liked how they would always repeat what the other said in their own language.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
what did you expect. All the beats sound like rza with a Japanese twist.

maybe someone else should’ve done the sound track but it needed a weird soundtrack to match the movie’s weirdness

Speaking of weird:

This track used to crack me up when I heard it during the part of the movie:mjlol:

Like somebody is trying to strangle the shyt out of a saxophone:mjlol:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Breh the chemistry between them two was crazy. Like they did not know what the hell they were saying to each other but somehow it made sense. It felt like a hidden layer within those scenes that went over peoples heads.

NEGGED:damn:

You can play this soundtrack from top to bottom and get the sense of a samurai :wow:. Low key Rza is really good with movie scores and need more work in that field.

THOSE SONGS LITERALLY WERENT IN THE DAMN MOVIE

They were in the credits!!! The movie was full of trash ass horrible beats!!!

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
THOSE SONGS LITERALLY WERENT IN THE DAMN MOVIE

They were in the credits!!! The movie was full of trash ass horrible beats!!!

:skip:the first track was actually in the movie when Ghostdog was working on his gadgets, the second song not so much.

To each it's own:ld:. The soundtrack bops compared to what the Wu put out in 99:unimpressed: