Can we all agree Batman Begins is the GOAT Batman movie?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Dark Knight is much better. Joker and Two Face had great and memorable performances. I barely remember the villains from Batman Begins.
You mean you managed to forget the villain, rah al ghul the CaC :pachaha:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ok ok ok..all this "joker led the movie" blah blah blah is just that..blah blah. We are talking the best Batman movie, and regardless of whether you feel the joker carried the movie or not, it is the best movie. Any story with batman and the joker is going to appear to be joker led because he's the more showy of the two; He's all id. He has no restraint, he's chaos personified. Batman is restrain and is the antithesis so the idea that Dark Knight isn't a good movie because Joker steals the show is the equivalent of saying Mask of the Phantasm isn't a good movie, or Dark Knight Returns part 1 and 2 aren't good movies or that the killing joke isn't one of the best batman stories of all time, or even Death of the Family.

A good batman story is the function of a lot of things but his villains,for the most part, will always seem like the bigger stars because they are direct opposites of him. He's a detective who is always exercising control and discipline in a world where there is none. The best Batman stories embrace that and run with it, which is what Dark Knight did

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Meh, TDK wasnt a "batman" movie IMO, and the best parts of the movie were when batman wasnt on the screen. :yeshrug:

Breh it's a batman movie. If you feel like the best parts of it were when he wasn't on screen that's fine but he has a complete arc in that movie and is the main character. He starts at a place of thinking he can handle criminals easily and that the world is very black and white but he learns that not everything is simple, not everything is black and white and that he may have to do things he doesn't want to do, go outside of the law more than he wants, in order to save the day at any cost. His morals were tested, his limits were tested, and in the end, he saved the day but at a huge cost and he was changed because of it.

The best part of any batman story is going to be the villains because they are bigger characters than batman; joker, two-face, riddler, catwoman, penguin, etc. can be big. You can play them very big and very theatric and command the screen like that but with Batman, you're going to be more subdued and focus more on different aspects. Batman isn't a larger than life character although he is a man dressed as a bat; he's still just a detective in a world of psychopaths.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Breh it's a batman movie. If you feel like the best parts of it were when he wasn't on screen that's fine but he has a complete arc in that movie and is the main character. He starts at a place of thinking he can handle criminals easily and that the world is very black and white but he learns that not everything is simple, not everything is black and white and that he may have to do things he doesn't want to do, go outside of the law more than he wants, in order to save the day at any cost. His morals were tested, his limits were tested, and in the end, he saved the day but at a huge cost and he was changed because of it.

The best part of any batman story is going to be the villains because they are bigger characters than batman; joker, two-face, riddler, catwoman, penguin, etc. can be big. You can play them very big and very theatric and command the screen like that but with Batman, you're going to be more subdued and focus more on different aspects. Batman isn't a larger than life character although he is a man dressed as a bat; he's still just a detective in a world of psychopaths.
:mjcry:batman begins, final answer.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:mjcry:batman begins, final answer.

I disagree. Batman Begins has a higher degree of focus on him but that's because that is an origin movie so by nature it should but The Dark Knight is the better flick to me. Like overall, for every metric, it's the better flick. There are things I prefer when it comes to Batman Begins though but Dark Knight just works more for me

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I never liked a super hero movie until this trilogy. Typo breh
so og superman and blade never caught your attention? :why: your sentence seems like an oxymoron in itself cause Nolan's movies threw up it's nose at the genre and word superhero so how can his pretentious trilogy be responsible for making you like superhero movies?

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
so og superman and blade never caught your attention? :why: your sentence seems like an oxymoron in itself cause Nolan's movies threw up it's nose at the genre and word superhero so how can his pretentious trilogy be responsible for making you like superhero movies?

I don't like super hero movies.