Can we all agree Batman Begins is the GOAT Batman movie?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
The Dark Knight is the better film. Begins has the better Batman characterisation and better depictions of Bruce Wayne, Batman and Gotham.

Batman still hasn't been properly done in any of the live action films.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The Dark Knight is the better film. Begins has the better Batman characterisation and better depictions of Bruce Wayne, Batman and Gotham.[/b]
How can you say that with bale in the role? Val and keaton made for far better bats/Wayne's to me they just weren't fortunate to get an origin story
Batman still hasn't been properly done in any of the live action films.
agreed

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
How can you say that with bale in the role? Val and keaton made for far better bats/Wayne's to me they just weren't fortunate to get an origin story

Not talking about the older movies only Begins and The Dark Knight.

Keaton was definitely better than Bale as "Batman".

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good to see the Burton films getting their due in this thread

star-trek-nodding.gif

Daps
Just watched this film again after not seeing it in forever and it did not hold up as well as I thought I would. I wasn’t a fan of the last hour of the movie or a lot of the lines.

And Katie Holmes :hhh:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Breh it's a batman movie. If you feel like the best parts of it were when he wasn't on screen that's fine but he has a complete arc in that movie and is the main character. He starts at a place of thinking he can handle criminals easily and that the world is very black and white but he learns that not everything is simple, not everything is black and white and that he may have to do things he doesn't want to do, go outside of the law more than he wants, in order to save the day at any cost. His morals were tested, his limits were tested, and in the end, he saved the day but at a huge cost and he was changed because of it.

The best part of any batman story is going to be the villains because they are bigger characters than batman; joker, two-face, riddler, catwoman, penguin, etc. can be big. You can play them very big and very theatric and command the screen like that but with Batman, you're going to be more subdued and focus more on different aspects. Batman isn't a larger than life character although he is a man dressed as a bat; he's still just a detective in a world of psychopaths.

damn bruh that was stated well done :to:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Breh it's a batman movie. If you feel like the best parts of it were when he wasn't on screen that's fine but he has a complete arc in that movie and is the main character. He starts at a place of thinking he can handle criminals easily and that the world is very black and white but he learns that not everything is simple, not everything is black and white and that he may have to do things he doesn't want to do, go outside of the law more than he wants, in order to save the day at any cost. His morals were tested, his limits were tested, and in the end, he saved the day but at a huge cost and he was changed because of it.

The best part of any batman story is going to be the villains because they are bigger characters than batman; joker, two-face, riddler, catwoman, penguin, etc. can be big. You can play them very big and very theatric and command the screen like that but with Batman, you're going to be more subdued and focus more on different aspects. Batman isn't a larger than life character although he is a man dressed as a bat; he's still just a detective in a world of psychopaths.

Quoted for truth, it also fits thematically.

Begins is about becoming the symbol, Dark Knight about challenging the symbol by finding the polar opposite, Rises was about breaking the symbol to see if Bruce really made a difference in Gotham.

Even when Dark Knight wasn't about Batman it was about Batman. I don't think there's a Joker scene in there that isn't him talking about Batman. Even the final Harvey/Rachel scene was twisted by Joker to be both about Harvey and Bats. On the surface it might be all Joker/Twoface but beneath the surface it's all Batman.

The animated series understood this as well.