Can we all admit that Notorious (movie) was a complete embarrassment?

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I thought the movie was ok to watch. Wasn't like I was expecting an academy award performance or anything :manny:

That's exactly how I feel. What were these cats expecting? It's a movie that had a small budget about a legendary MC that was legendary because he rhymed spectacularly well and for no other reason. He wasn't a drug kingpin. He wasn't a killer. His sex life was probably no different than the average nikka in ANYHOOD USA. He wasn't involved in any salicious shyt that probably would have generated a better movie screenplay, other than the Pac beef. Just a regular hood dude that signed a deal and became a rap superstar. Calling it an embarrassment is going way too far. It received average reviews from critics and Gravy's performance was lauded by most.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Anthony-Mackie-Notorious.5.jpg

02-windpg-horizontal.jpg

44387002.jpg

:pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was into it, until Anthony's portray of Pac took me out of the film and made me :pacspit:

And, how could a great actress like Ms. Bassette's fumble with a simple Jamaican accent. :rudy:

You could tell :takedat: had his greasy paws all over it, because it only shed a positive light on Bad Boy. :childplease:

Hearing Black Moon, Get Money, and You Used To Love Me was dope. :ahh:

The Collie

YEET
Daps
I liked it. I felt kind of bad when it was time for him to get shot up. This movie made me nostalgia extra hard. The chick who played Faith looked better than the real one.

Cortez1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agree with the post above: great for a TV biopic but not worthy or theatrical release. Gravy did ok though I thought, was believable.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
"Notorious" is the 2nd Highest Grossing Movie about Hip Hop behind "8 mile" and is the 7th Highest Grossing Bio-Picture of all time. Was it flawed, Of course. But trying to fit Biggie's life in 2 hours in my opinion is going to hard like any Bio-Pic does. The East/West Beef alone could of been a movie. Of course Pac fans were going to hate on it no matter what cause it was Biggie movie but Anthony Mackie did the best he could. People have to remember, this was Biggie's movie, not Pac. Pac wasn't going to have this huge role so when he pops up here and there that's about right.

But I was happy they showed the positive side of their relationship. Of course Diddy, Faith and Voletta sugar coated some ish but overall it worked as a movie that will keep Biggie's legacy going for generations. It's funny some of you say it's a TV movie. Well BET & MTV have been playing the f*ck out of "Notorious" for the last 3 years and every time it's on it wins the ratings for that time slot. Go on twitter and typing in "Watching Notorious" and you will always see people commenting on how much they like the movie. So in that sense it accomplished what it set out to do. Which is bring Biggie to a new generation.

Also stop the myth that the movie "Made Biggie an Angel". Yes cause Angels sell crack to pregant women right? And Angels are deadbeat dad's who's baby moms complain about him not seeing his daughter right? The movie actually showed the duel sides of Biggie. Gravy gave a good performance. Angela Bassett did ok, the accent could of used work. Derrick Luke was a decent Puff and Ol' Girl was a fine faith. I understand why Kim was mad at her role but ol girl was fine as Lil Kim. The bottom line people were going to complain no matter what cause most of the people in this movie are still alive. Of course Puff had some ducktales in there (Big with the gun in elevator, lol) Just wait for the Tupac Movie, more people will complain than "Notorious". The soundtrack had my theater singing alone to every song. I give the movie about a C+. Happy Big got the first Hip Hop Bio Pic only adds to his Legend. The Trailer was Classic too, had mad people hyped for the movie:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eht5mXVe84w"]NOTORIOUS - Teaser - YouTube[/ame]