Can we admit that Jay-Z has been washed on tracks more than any other alleged "GOAT" rapper?

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:what:

do you not get that this is not as much of a quotable as you think it is, because of how old he is?

you had a benz before ( insert young rapper) had braces ? :wtf: you supposed to nikka... you been rapping since the 80's :heh:
umm thats the point nikka

he's been doing this since he was shytting in diapers...establishing the relationship between "big homey" and "lil homey"

which is why Drake dropped that line on PMM 2

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think the songs where Jay is the featured artist should count. As the featured artist, he's not supposed to "slaughter", "outshine", or "kill" the main artist. It's dope if the feature kills their verse and "accidentally murders" the main artist. Still, a feature is only there to add to the song. I would expect the main artist to have a better verse regardless of how great Jay Z is supposed to be (unless Jay's featured on a song with someone who isn't really a rapper like Timbo or Pharrell).

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Good point.. I just realized that Jay might be the only rapper thats never had the best lyrical performance on his own album..

:ohhh:

RD=Biggie/Foxy
Vol1=Sauce Money
Vol2=Beans/Kiss/Styles
Vol 3=Beans/Juvie
BP1=Eminem
BP2=Lenny Kravitz
TBA=Pharell
KC=Chrisette Michelle
BP3=J. Cole/Alicia Keys
WTT=Frank Ocean
MCHG=Rick Ross

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Good point.. I just realized that Jay might be the only rapper thats never had the best lyrical performance on his own album..

:ohhh:

RD=Biggie/Foxy
Vol1=Sauce Money
Vol2=Beans/Kiss/Styles
Vol 3=Beans/Juvie
BP1=Eminem
BP2=Lenny Kravitz
TBA=Pharell
KC=Chrisette Michelle

BP3=J. Cole/Alicia Keys
WTT=Frank Ocean
MCHG=Rick Ross

:laff:

atlbound

:ryan:
Daps
Reppin
SEH
BP2=Lenny Kravitz
CleLH.png

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
I don't think the songs where Jay is the featured artist should count. As the featured artist, he's not supposed to "slaughter", "outshine", or "kill" the main artist. It's dope if the feature kills their verse and "accidentally murders" the main artist. Still, a feature is only there to add to the song. I would expect the main artist to have a better verse regardless of how great Jay Z is supposed to be (unless Jay's featured on a song with someone who isn't really a rapper like Timbo or Pharrell).

:heh:

this is me we're talking about, Jay aint getting a pass for getting washed just cause he was a feature on a track.

How is the Michael Jordan of recording supposed to be putting up BJ Armstrong and Jud Beuchler performances on tracks?