Can The LOX be considered the best rap group ever?

Best group ever?

• Yeah

• Nah

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I'm tired of nikkas shoe horning Outkast into every discussion. Thats all I got. And before ya'll start crying they are a legendary group for their region but they don't move the needle for me as a whole. Way more influential groups.

Funny thing is, outkast is not even all THAT legendary in the south.

But I took my foot off the neck of outkast stans lately tho cuz im beginning to see even lesser groups get propped up on here now. People in here listing 3-6 mafia and chit. LOL.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
because of a good performance against Dip Set!? What ALBUMS do they have to hold up against other top 10 groups? What SOLO albums do they have to hang with Wu solos, NWA solos, etc etc

Solos don't count.

and now its getting silly. We counting NWA solos now?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
even just counting group albums, what album from The Lox stand up to joints like Strictly Business, Dogg Food, Low End Theory, 36 Chambers etc etc

We are the streets.

We been telling yall for years.

And when did dogg food become this big game-changing album? I was a dogg pound fanatic but yall be in yall own zone.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I wouldn't argue with someone who thought that. There's only a handful of groups at their level.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
We are the streets.

We been telling yall for years.

And when did dogg food become this big game-changing album? I was a dogg pound fanatic but yall be in yall own zone.

We The Streets!? :wtf: Are you serious c*nt!? We The Streets is on the level of 36 Chambers, Midnight Marauders, It Takes A Nation, De La Is Dead, Infamous, Critical Beatdown et al? :camby:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
We The Streets!? :wtf: Are you serious c*nt!? We The Streets is on the level of 36 Chambers, Midnight Marauders, It Takes A Nation, De La Is Dead, Infamous, Critical Beatdown et al?

Did you just call me a c*nt? Who does that?

Since you want to start name-calling, I'm gonna take the gloves off and state the obvious.....You're a nerd living vicariously thru the media and internet. You don't know what's REALLY going on when it comes to this rap chit. If it's not force-fed thru the media or the product of message board circle-jerking, you're out the loop.

Midnight marauders - another album that yall circle-jerked into a higher status than it actually was before late-2000s message board culture. But of course you're not gonna respond to this part cuz you will expose ur own card. Same reason you glossed over the dogg pound chit. I see you.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm tired of nikkas shoe horning Outkast into every discussion. Thats all I got. And before ya'll start crying they are a legendary group for their region but they don't move the needle for me as a whole. Way more influential groups.
no, they’re legendary nationally and them not moving the needle for you doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be mentioned (ie being “shoehorned” into the convo :comeon: ). I don’t fukk with wu tang but I’d be a whole idiot to not accept that they’re held in high regard by millions of people and belong in the top group conversation

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Did you just call me a c*nt? Who does that?

Since you want to start name-calling, I'm gonna take the gloves off and state the obvious.....You're a nerd living vicariously thru the media and internet. You don't know what's REALLY going on when it comes to this rap chit. If it's not force-fed thru the media or the product of message board circle-jerking, you're out the loop.

Midnight marauders - another album that yall circle-jerked into a higher status than it actually was before late-2000s message board culture. But of course you're not gonna respond to this part cuz you will expose ur own card. Same reason you glossed over the dogg pound chit. I see you.

I called you c*nt because I’m an Aussie and that’s what we call people. Good, bad, homies, enemies, it all depends on the context. I’m not on here to be internet famous or any of that shyt but anyone who knows me or has been on here or SOHH for any amount of time might vaguely remember the Aussie guy who knows his shyt and can admit when he’s wrong. I’m not a fan of the Ruff Ryders era in general, even less of Swizz Beatz. There’s been plenty of times I’ve taken note from cats on here and checked an album out that I may have slept on or never given chance and it ends up being dope, even one of my favs but The Lox are not that group and none of their group or solo albums have made me want to go back and listen again. WTS may be some kind of early 2000s NY local classic but to me it doesn’t hold a candle to real classic in the genre.