Can the CHAMPS Dim the Beam? Official Warriors (#6) vs. Kings (#3) 1st Round Series Thread

YOUR WINNER

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I like Kings fans on Twitter trying to act like Domas didn't have a terrible game and series overall
He was fukking awful. To the point of me really doubting this teams ceiling with him as one of the main cogs. Not at any point in this series did I believe that was an All NBA player (which he is going to be for this season). He was the leading rebounder in the NBA this year and allowed Looney to average 18RPG over the final 5 games where the Warriors went 4-1. Looney also hit over 20 rebounds 3x and the Warriors won all of those games. He looked super clumsy on offense too. He just looked bad idc what the box numbers say

There were other people who struggled, namely Hueter. Barnes played like complete garbage but that was as expected. If that bum ass can make a wide open 3 the Kings literally win the series

Also, young teams do not always get better. We've seen it recently with Atlanta and Memphis where you could argue they actually regressed after their first real playoff runs.
I wouldn’t necessarily lump the Kings in with the Grizzles and Atlanta as a lot of their roster isn’t necessarily young by years in the league. I think people forget how young that Hawks and Grizzles teams were by years of experience when they made the runs that they did.

We know the ceiling that a lot of these Kings players will be including someone like Sabonis included unless he expands his range and even Kevin Pritchard called it years ago.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Sabonis is taking an unfair amount of heat...He avg 16/11/5 on 50% shooting despite being in foul trouble in many of the games. He also had 31 offensive rebounds in the series which shows great effort. Could Sabonis have been better at the FT line & shooting midrange jump shots? Yes...but I'm not going to kick dirt on him when he gave effort, unlike Barnes/Huerter.....Barnes had a total of 5 fouls for the series...Think about that?... He avg less than a foul per game in a 7 game series, and it wasn't because he was playing great defense...Monk/Fox could've also played better.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Sabonis is taking an unfair amount of heat...He avg 16/11/5 on 50% shooting despite being in foul trouble in many of the games. He also had 31 offensive rebounds in the series which shows great effort. Could Sabonis have been better at the FT line & shooting midrange jump shots? Yes...but I'm not going to kick dirt on him when he gave effort, unlike Barnes/Huerter.....Barnes had a total of 5 fouls for the series...Think about that?... He avg less than a foul per game in a 7 game series, and it wasn't because he was playing great defense...Monk/Fox could've also played better.

Saboneless deserves every bit of smoke.

Barnes was definitely trash, but we been known that since 2016. You guys are treating our sloppy seconds as a main chick.

But Sabogus was the all-star. The rebounding champ. Mr Triple Double. The media would have you believe HE was the #1 alpha on the team to Fox's #2. We all know now that was nonsense.

Kevon Olajuwon exposed ol boy as a non-impact fraud. He's a good player, but far below the hype.

Can't spell Sabonis without Sabo.

:youngsabo:

And without Monk and Fox, Kings get swept.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I feel like Monk played his ass off

And Fox was hobbled by his injury even though he showed great poise and heart in gutting it out

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Really don't care who believes me but I been sick as a dog since last night.
:mjcry:
I know the feeling.

I was fukked up after Miami crushed Chicago's soul in the ECFs during Rose's MVP season. After Game 1, nobody on this Earth could have convinced me that the series would be over in 5.

:mjcry:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Nah fukk all that. You're gonna be an all-NBA player and you get shyt on by Looney like that, you're gonna take a ton of heat.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Nah fukk all that. You're gonna be an all-NBA player and you get shyt on by Looney like that, you're gonna take a ton of heat.

I'm not giving Sabonis a pass. He should've played better....but the rest of the starters shot poorly and did not help by letting the GS guards get in the paint.

Sabonis- 49%
Fox- 42%
Monk- 41%
Barnes- 42%
Huerter- 35%

Everyone deserves some blame, Including coach Brown...Mitchell and Len should've played more, but instead, he wasted minutes in Barnes/Huerter...Sac needed more rebounding/defense but Brown was more concerned with running/gunning.....Shouldve used Mitchell to hound/pest Curry and Len to put a body on Looney....Huerter/Barnes were a combined 3 for 13 shooting.