Can "Hispanic" Be Both Race and Ethnicity ?

NATU

Dios Patria y Libertad
Daps
Reppin
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
This whole black pride is bullshyt, gay pride is also bullshyt, white pride is also bullshyt, mongole pride is also bullshyt.. Humans and their silly labeling of everything!!

I'm tired of racism.. Seriously!!

The only thing we should be really proud of is the culture and the achievements of the place we come from. Not something so stupid as the amount of melanin in your skin.

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
The Coli is being punk'd my the latino agenda now?

:wow:
This whole black pride is bullshyt, gay pride is also bullshyt, white pride is also bullshyt, mongole pride is also bullshyt.. Humans and their silly labeling of everything!!

I'm tired of racism.. Seriously!!

The only thing we should be really proud of is the culture and the achievements of the place we come from. Not something so stupid as the amount of melanin in your skin.

Go back to the Dominican Republic
with that nonsensical bullschitt.
:camby:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You know, I just left from hanging out with some Cubans and it dawned on me that they don't consider themselves white.

Only the US Census considers most Cubans and Mexicans white. Same for Northern Africans and Arabs.

You asks those people are they white, they'll laugh at you.

It's to boost the white census number.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
You know, I just left from hanging out with some Cubans and it dawned on me that they don't consider themselves white.

The black Cubans always know that. I am married to one. He always says he is black and actually hates the "hispanic" label because he says it erases his identity as someone who is of African descent, and makes it as if his motherland is Spain instead of Africa.

But I guess it really depends on the person. As you know, "mejorar la raza". :sas2:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
hispanic was never a race or even ethnicity, it's a CULTURAL DEMOGRAPHIC. what people in that demo want to think of the term is irrelevant. you can't make a group of people who are various races into one race.

Well then they have to add more racial categories so that the Hispanics check something.

I was watching an NBC Nightly News report on ISIS and it got me thinking Middle Easterners might have a similar problem as the hispanics. :patrice:

They definitely ain't Black, White, Pacific Islander, Asian or American Indian...

edit: are Brazilians Hispanic??

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The black Cubans always know that. I am married to one. He always says he is black and actually hates the "hispanic" label because he says it erases his identity as someone who is of African descent, and makes it as if his motherland is Spain instead of Africa.

But I guess it really depends on the person. As you know, "mejorar la raza". :sas2:

:mjcry::sadcam::sadbron::to:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Well then they have to add more racial categories so that the Hispanics check something.

I was watching an NBC Nightly News report on ISIS and it got me thinking Middle Easterners might have a similar problem as the hispanics. :patrice:

They definitely ain't Black, White, Pacific Islander, Asian or American Indian...

edit: are Brazilians Hispanic??
yes they should and they will.
http://nbclatino.com/2013/01/07/opinion-what-census-box-are-hispanics-supposed-to-check-now/

here is the answer to the brazilian question.
http://www.allinportuguese.com/blog/2013/02/25/are-portuguese-and-brazilians-hispanic/

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
hispanic is not a race period.
The truth.

Hispanic just means that you were conquered by Spain or are subject to the King of Spain. African countries colonized by Spain were formally Hispanic too.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

shyt complicated, b :francis:

"The way they are labeled most of the time in the US is totally wrong. If Brazilians are “latinos” because of the language root then you will have to include French, Portuguese, Romanians and Italians. Brazilians do not feel comfortable to be called latinos or hispanic as suggested, this is non sense at all.

Why Canada, Quebec, specifically is not part of Latin America? Good question eh? Brazilian culture has nothing to do with Hispanic or the so called “latino” culture. Very distant from such cultures."