Can DC movies survive Superman vs Batman Underperforming?

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC is basically going all in, using both their superstars in this one :lupe:

nothing left in the chamber :damn:

Marvel has already created a large monopoly on this super hero shyt and i fear DC will be regulated to second class status if their movie is not as big a hit as anticipated :lupe:

so brehs, if DC flops with their big boys... is it a wrap? :lupe:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I was mad when they announced man of steel was being done in the vein of the Nolanverse batflicks and was planned to be a one off, cause I knew it was coming the same year as Avengers and the success of Avengers would set off them making it the springboard for a DC Cinematic Universe. The sensibilities used are too off. Shoulda been a one-shot. Hopefully they make it better.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think it's going to be as big of a hit as people think it will be. :manny: Cap 3 is going to hurt this movie.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G
Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
it is highly unlikely this movie will flop

whether people like it or not superman is still the most known superhero in the world

and batman is an established box office franchise draw due to nolan's triology and the general mass of the character fandom .. i feel like DC literally put him in as a failsafe because they are that confident in batman's current value :manny:

i mean if the movie sucks, word of mouth might affect week 3 and after's numbers ... but i think the opening numbers is going to be pretty crazy

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Financially? No way in hell this movie even gets close to bombing. But critically? It might do a little worse than expected. And in the end, I think all WB cares about is the money, so I'll bet they stay on track whether people like it or not.
And that's a thread...

icelandSpar

Rookie
Daps
There is literally no way this movie won't suck. Warner Bros.' DC people are going to be second-guessing all their plans afterwards.

We can surmise this because Zack Snyder hasn't made anything good.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
There is literally no way this movie won't suck. Warner Bros.' DC people are going to be second-guessing all their plans afterwards.

We can surmise this because Zack Snyder hasn't made anything good.
they are not gonna care about the quality if the film makes bank, which it will. shyt, i'm pretty :beli: about it's quality and i'll for damn sure be there on opening weekend.