Can anyone surpass lebron 20 all star NBA selections?

Will Any player surpass 20 all star nba selections?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
I was just thinking the other day, lebron scoring record aside, what i think will be even harder to top will be the level of years he was playing at an all star caliber level. This is even likely to get higher if lebron continues his level of play at least for another 2-3 years, and the thing is no one can argue in good faith that any of this 20 all star selections werent deserved or earned, or were due to legacy like other aging stars.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
I was just thinking the other day, lebron scoring record aside, what i think will be even harder to top will be the level of years he was playing at an all star caliber level. This is even likely to get higher if lebron continues his level of play at least for another 2-3 years, and the thing is no one can argue in good faith that any of this 20 all star selections werent deserved or earned, or were due to legacy like other aging stars.
No one cared about the 19 selections that Kareem had so I doubt anyone other than Lestans will care about Lebron’s longevity stats like that.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Would be hard to beat

He trains six days, actually six days a week. Five days a week, he'll train three days a week. One of those days he will train two days of the week. So, six days a week he would be training.

Daps
I know this is an unadulterated agenda thread, but I'll entertain it -

The answer is no.

Bron's career timelined perfectly for him be the last one to break the previous record due to the nature of the NBA now.

The talent pool is overflowing (harder to make your mark for an extensive period than ever before), young men are coming into the league with a ton more mileage on their bodies due to starting competitively at a much younger age (which is partly the reason for the ever-increasing rate of injuries), the game demands more physical exertion on court, there's a greater emphasis on load management (less opportunity to get selected during any given season), and monetary gain can be reached within a more finite period, all of which a player would need to overcome or push past, and the only way they'd do that is not only being a more durable athlete than him, but a more transferable and relevant one, which is at long odds of ever happening.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Yes....fan votes carry the way so that shyt is definitely happening...in fact how many Steph or KD got now?

I am assuming they will be getting them up until their retirement

Daps
The physical feat of it aside, it's pretty damn remarkable that Bron's career at the top has lasted as long as it has.

He's played through more changes than anyone (adapting his game and reinventing his skillset along the way), whereas someone like Cap, although played through more externally (social and societal changes), the actual league didn't change anywhere near the same. The game still primarily had the same structure from when he first came in until he left.

Daps
Yes....fan votes carry the way so that shyt is definitely happening...in fact how many Steph or KD got now?

I am assuming they will be getting them up until their retirement
Steph has 10 due to being a late bloomer, and KD has 14.

For argument's sake, let's say Bron chooses to retire this season. He'll end on 21, which means KD will have to play for another six years to break it. That means he'll need to play at an All-Star level until he's 43.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Steph has 10 due to being a late bloomer, and KD has 14.

For argument's sake, let's say Bron chooses to retire this season. He'll end on 21, which means KD will have to play for another six years to break it. That means he'll need to play at an All-Star level until he's 43.

Bruh...I wrote my post and then had to double back to think of the age difference.....cause pretty much I think of Bron ,KD, Steph as being of the same group/era when really that is not the case

Bron is a decent bit older than those two.....also for some reason I had in my mind that KD had more ASG appearances..he still in his mid thirties

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Maybe Giannis if he plays until 42 :pachaha:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
maybe? I really don’t know. I didn’t think anyone would break Kareem’s records and LeBron did it for both.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Selections is all but impossible. Actually playing in them is impossible. Playing at that level for 2 decades is a feat in an of itself. Avoiding injury and actually playing in all of them is an even taller order. You look at a KD, who looked like he could at the very least match it. Dude didn't play in an ASG for 5 years. He still had selections in that time obviously.