Albums Cam'ron - Purple Haze 2 (Discussion Thread)

Suspicions

All Star
Daps
Lyrically he brung it back. I enjoyed the album a lot. I still bump it to listen to him spit but I want him to pick better beats that fit the stories... it just seem he has his style now so it works for him. But better beats for me would have made this a classic cuz he’s spitting.
Lyrically he never left imo

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
The album is dope for Cam, at this point in the career. What pisses a true Cam supporter off tho, is he continues to come up short wit this production shyt...:stopitslime:

Its past annoying at this point...:unimpressed:

His voice has somewhat fallen off, but the bars, cockiness, aura, and confidence never betrayed him. He been around long enough. He should be makin sure, hes hittin on all cylinders when he drops a project. Especially in an era, when cats production is at an all-time high level.

Beats sus and the sound is always off wit this dude now... :patrice:
He was solid Cam, but he wasn't talkin that shyt to the point, it overcomes production for me...I'm sorry :hubie:

He's an habitual offender too. I'm guessin he assumes his lyrical ability, makes up that ground, so he chooses to short-change sound quality. But he's also short-changing his listeners, and I'm not givin no more passes...:manny:

I know what it is, as far as his talent-level and ceiling...but when he don't put that all into his work like a SDE, a Purple Haze, or Diplomatic Immunity...I can't defend the shenanigans...:hubie:

Jimmy never had the lyrical ability, but you can see clear as day, he takes PRIDE in his production/sound. If Cam decided to half-step it, he should just package it as a mixtape. Maybe I'd be more lenient. I gotta grade it on an album curve tho... 5.5 tho, for habitually pullin this move...:martin::snooze:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
does he not care how shytty his mixes sound? albums got some joints but the sound quality from this to the first purple haze is atrocious

Last edited:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Albums cool but he couldve found better diplomat type beats on youtube, actually mix it and people would be happier

Losing weight 3 is tough tho

I think the Program was better tbh
Program mixing was worse

somebody on youtube cleaned it up tho. This shyt here:whoo:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
The album is dope for Cam, at this point in the career. What pisses a true Cam supporter off tho, is he continues to come up short wit this production shyt...:stopitslime:

Its past annoying at this point...:unimpressed:

His voice has somewhat fallen off, but the bars, cockiness, aura, and confidence never betrayed him. He been around long enough. He should be makin sure, hes hittin on all cylinders when he drops a project. Especially in an era, when cats production is at an all-time high level.

Beats sus and the sound is always off wit this dude now... :patrice:
He was solid Cam, but he wasn't talkin that shyt to the point, it overcomes production for me...I'm sorry :hubie:

He's an habitual offender too. I'm guessin he assumes his lyrical ability, makes up that ground, so he chooses to short-change sound quality. But he's also short-changing his listeners, and I'm not givin no more passes...:manny:

I know what it is, as far as his talent-level and ceiling...but when he don't put that all into his work like a SDE, a Purple Haze, or Diplomatic Immunity...I can't defend the shenanigans...:hubie:

Jimmy never had the lyrical ability, but you can see clear as day, he takes PRIDE in his production/sound. If Cam decided to half-step it, he should just package it as a mixtape. Maybe I'd be more lenient. I gotta grade it on an album curve tho... 5.5 tho, for habitually pullin this move...:martin::snooze:

100% agree & exactly how I feel about Cam

Dap + rep :obama:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Album is way more than I was expecting from Killa, this vintage cam and even his voice sound better.

been slamming the right one since this came out :whew:

my personal goat finally came out with some crack :to: