Albums Cam'ron - Purple Haze 2 (Discussion Thread)

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
After sitting with this for multiple spins, it's 2/5 for me. A whole point deduction for the mixing. Cam basically a college basement producer doing it all himself, and then getting dough from the spotify spins... BUT DAMN, could you treat us to something higher in budget for an album fukkin named PURPLE HAZE 2? Inexcusable.

Alot of songs that could be decent were ruined with this problem... Cam ain't the same anymore, but I still enjoy an older version of him if he sounds right. Which is never. This shoulda just been billed as a mixtape and changed the name.

Standout tracks:

Medellin
Losin Weight 3
KOP
I Dont Know
Believe In Flee

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Don't know bout this album

Time to flood this wit classic Cam...

Double Up feat. Un Rivera
15 min freestyle wit Juelz

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lyrically he brung it back. I enjoyed the album a lot. I still bump it to listen to him spit but I want him to pick better beats that fit the stories... it just seem he has his style now so it works for him. But better beats for me would have made this a classic cuz he’s spitting.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
:dwillhuh: he looks exactly like his father
I knowwwww!! Scary right. I mean, of course we all look like our parents but he literally looks like his father’s whole face. Every detail - Like they did a Face/off . He has his mother’s smile though.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Lyrically he brung it back. I enjoyed the album a lot. I still bump it to listen to him spit but I want him to pick better beats that fit the stories... it just seem he has his style now so it works for him. But better beats for me would have made this a classic cuz he’s spitting.

Maybe a dj can remix it..put better beats under the vocals :ehh:

Suspicions

All Star
Daps
Albums cool but he couldve found better diplomat type beats on youtube, actually mix it and people would be happier

Losing weight 3 is tough tho

I think the Program was better tbh