Cam Newton ain’t buying the hype with NFL QBs

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
If I was Cam Newton, I'd feel a type of way about these dudes too. Not saying that he was an all-time great but he is a HOF player and he lead a team with Ted Ginn Jr as the best receiver to the Super Bowl. Very few times have I see a player in their respective sport just be flat out better than everyone else and lead the team to a championship that had no business winning it in college. Very short list. Carmelo Anthony with Syracuse and Cam Newton with Auburn. He's more than earned that right to look at this suspect QB play and make an opinion that should be free from ridicule, even if you disagree with it.

premier58

All Star
Daps
If I was Cam Newton, I'd feel a type of way about these dudes too. Not saying that he was an all-time great but he is a HOF player and he lead a team with Ted Ginn Jr as the best receiver to the Super Bowl. Very few times have I see a player in their respective sport just be flat out better than everyone else and lead the team to a championship that had no business winning it in college. Very short list. Carmelo Anthony with Syracuse and Cam Newton with Auburn. He's more than earned that right to look at this suspect QB play and make an opinion that should be free from ridicule, even if you disagree with it.
Cam is not a HOFer. Unless you are referring to the CFB HOF. Also Deshaun Watson and Vince Young did the exact same thing. Being jealous is not cool. If you are secure with what you accomplished, you wouldnt have to tear others down. When do HOF QBs tear down other members of the QB fraternity?

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Cam is not a HOFer. Unless you are referring to the CFB HOF. Also Deshaun Watson and Vince Young did the exact same thing. Being jealous is not cool. If you are secure with what you accomplished, you wouldnt have to tear others down. When do HOF QBs tear down other members of the QB fraternity?
1st all he didn't tear anyone down. He ain't called them bums, he said these dudes were not elite or not the put them on their shoulder and win type and everything needed to be perfect. Second we just had Brady throw Minshew under the bus and repeatedly say Quarterback play and football play is not up to par.

premier58

All Star
Daps
1st all he didn't tear anyone down. He ain't called them bums, he said these dudes were not elite or not the put them on their shoulder and win type and everything needed to be perfect. Second we just had Brady throw Minshew under the bus and repeatedly say Quarterback play and football play is not up to par.
Although it shouldnt be imo, the term "game manager" is seen as derogatory. He couldve said it in a different way. His argument is suspect because Dak is clearly a franchise QB who is asked to handle alot. Love him or hate him, the Lions go as Goff goes. If he plays very good to great, they can compete or beat anyone. When he struggles, they lose. Goff is the sams guy that defeated Patrick Mahomes in a 54-51 shooutout. Goff can sling it, big time.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
When pressed on his criteria he called Brady and Manning game managers. His point was incoherent. This is a year in which hero-ball QBing is producing less results and success than system QBing, and as one of the most prominent hero-ball QBs in recent history Cam was feeling aggy that his style of play was being overshadowed, so he made some emotional, nonsense statements. It is what it is.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
People get mad at media personalities who didn’t play the game for critiquing players.

Then get mad at certain former players who critique players.

shyt is funny to me :russ:

Also even after all that with old girl from espn, they’d hire Cam with the quickness if he wanted to go there lol

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Auburn had every right to be in the Championship.
You talking like Dee didn't have Auburn's defense at a elite level.
Cam had offensive weapons too, he didn't pull us up with nothing to get to the title game and win it.
hell he wasn't even great in the NC game we won that game purely off Dee's dominance.