Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Open Beta

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Open Beta Dates and Times: Time to Play

There are two weekends of the Black Ops Cold War Beta. Each “weekend” is scheduled to last a total of four days, with both play periods scheduled to begin on Thursday morning at 10 a.m. PDT and ending on Monday morning at 10 a.m. Follow @CallofDuty and @Treyarch for ‘live now’ announcements and any updates to the schedule.

Weekend One (October 8 – October 12): PlayStation 4 Exclusive

The first Beta weekend is exclusively for PlayStation 4 owners, and is scheduled to run from Thursday, October 8 to Monday, October 12.

Early Access: Thursday, October 8 and Friday, October 9 are available to players who pre-ordered Black Ops Cold War digitally on PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.

Open Beta: The rest of the Beta period – Saturday, October 10, to Monday, October 12 – is free to all PlayStation 4 owners*. If you have a PS4 and an internet connection, ready up for Black Ops combat and join in during the Open Beta.

Weekend Two: All Platforms (Crossplay)

The second Beta weekend is available on all three platforms, and it’s scheduled to run from Thursday, October 15 to Monday, October 19. As a complete connected experience, crossplay will be active allowing you to party up with friends and the greater community, no matter what they play on.

PlayStation 4: Regardless of whether you digitally pre-ordered the game or not, Weekend 2 is a free Open Beta for all PlayStation 4 owners.

Xbox and PC Early Access: Those who pre-ordered the game digitally for Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, or pre-purchased for PC via Blizzard Battle.net can begin playing the Beta on Thursday, October 15 and on Friday, October 16. Xbox Live Gold is required for Xbox players, and PC players are required to have a Battle.net account.

Xbox and PC Open Beta: The rest of the weekend, from Saturday, October 17 to Monday, October 19, is accessible to Xbox and PC players regardless of pre-order status. Now, everyone in the Call of Duty community can hop on and play together.

Beta patch notes is looking really good.

The Journey from Alpha to Beta

They've improved weapon sounds, movement, graphics, animations among other things.

Last edited:

Don Dada F Poppa

Benchwarmer
Daps
Reppin
MD
Dudes camping, crouching around because that’s the way deadly silence works, sound whoring. This game is aids.

you musta not played Modern Warfare :mjlol:

It’s just the new generation of gamers all I’ve noticed. You got a mix of kids who like trolling (y0U MaD BrOoOo), newbies young and old who play like pussies, then the average gamer who came up during the PS2/PS3/360 days of high aggression high kills

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
They could do what Halo did in Halo 3 and have ranked playlists but it did divide up the user base and lengthen the amount of time to find a game. Especially in the later years..

But COD drops yearly, pretty much everyone moves over, and there's so many people online at once I'm not sure anyone would notice a difference.

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Copping on PC, so I gotta wait till the open beta Saturday on PS4.

Daps
The days of dominating n00bs all day are long gone. Brehs better get used to fighting with people who are on par or above. :francis:
shyt is a major problem in BO3
I've gone against players w/ 3-15+ KDs even though I sometimes play w/ a 8.67 player
They usually have amazing aim and are try hards but they FEAST on these shyt COD players
These noob players are TERRIBLE in BO3
They just aimlessly run around getting shot from behind
I've killed these high KD players plenty of times but they jump around a lot and will camp like crazy or quit the match if their KD falls below their average or standards
They are very very hard to kill at times
I could easily have a 3-5+ KD if I was a try hard and cared about my KD like that because feasting on these shytty noob players is too easy
No more exploitation of noob players :yeshrug:

Last edited:

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps
I thought it was fun :yeshrug: at least my character isn't flying around and my bullets hit where I put em.

SBMM is an issue but you can put the team on you back, or shut up and quit :mjlol: