California cuts ties with Walgreens after company limits access to abortion pills

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
  • No state funds for any prescriptions. There are plenty of alternatives.
  • No flu/shots that are state funded (a massive amount of revenue comes from this.
  • Removed from medicare and other state benefits.
  • EBT (food stamps) no longer usable in their stores.
  • 100% of state employees no longer have tax write offs with Walgreens.
Additionally, one must not forget that if the state is investing 2 BILLION DOLLARS in flu shots to your competitor with you having no right to even bid, your stock price is going to TANK.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So. What about all of the people who have important medications that have to be fulfilled at the pharmacy? So all those people just look for a new pharmacy with their insurance company?

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no, it's not. plan b prevents an embryo from implanting and is why you need to take it within 72 hours of having unprotected sex. the abortion pill will abort a fetus that's less than 10 weeks old
Interesting

I’m all for people rights but the black market for that pill will be :wow:

Does the effectiveness wear off the closer you are to 10 weeks or is it just a potent?

Imagine some deadbeat father putting that in his girl drink cuz she refused to abort.

A spiteful woman taking the pill at 9 weeks because breh ain’t show her his text history.

:hubie: Glad I’m not a honest decision maker. This a tough topic

Any coli Dr on here? Coli Pharmacy could make good money

ColiX??

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I didn't know abortion pills were a thing?:dahell:
Unless that's what they call plan B out there
Plan B is not a abortifacient :whoa:

Technically :youngsabo:

You tryna get Plan B out the paint?

No these are essentially very strong prostaglandins (inflammatory chemicals) your body naturally produces that basically cause the uterus to push out its contents

Plan B officially just delays egg release from the egg sacs…basically sperm get to the fallopian tubes like, it’s nothing here :dahell: ….if it’s taken at the right time. If the egg already there you’re fukked

Spence

Superstar
Daps
If Cali pulled all the contract for land the Walgreens sit on it would be something. But I think it’s just “Cali state employees can’t do biz at Walgreens” which is…..shytty for the employees and not much else.

CVS has a window here to get some good headlines though :manny:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Imagine some deadbeat father putting that in his girl drink cuz she refused to abort.

A spiteful woman taking the pill at 9 weeks because breh ain’t show her his text history.

Lmao the bolded has already happened. A couple years ago some repiblicac got caught and charged for grinding up an abortion pill and putting it in his pregnant mistress's smoothie or some shyt without her knowledge.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
no, it's not. plan b prevents an embryo from implanting and is why you need to take it within 72 hours of having unprotected sex. the abortion pill will abort a fetus that's less than 10 weeks old
Check my post a few up, but this is not exactly agreed upon, not enough evidence of this. It’s a shaky position because if they can actually prove this then red states can potentially ban Plan B as well. The official mechanism is just delay of ovulation.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This is the only way this companies will learn to stop pandering and bending to every whim and want of the right wing bigots and racists. I wish this was the norm in blue states. Two can play this game
Yeah they probably never considered that California would cut ties with them as a vendor.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
  • No state funds for any prescriptions. There are plenty of alternatives.
  • No flu/shots that are state funded (a massive amount of revenue comes from this.
  • Removed from medicare and other state benefits.
  • EBT (food stamps) no longer usable in their stores.
  • 100% of state employees no longer have tax write offs with Walgreens.
Additionally, one must not forget that if the state is investing 2 BILLION DOLLARS in flu shots to your competitor with you having no right to even bid, your stock price is going to TANK.

I’m from California majority of the Walgreens I have seen and been to are in or near poor areas. So if Walgreens are the closest shopping area to a food desert and you said ebt doesn’t work there who does this really hurt?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Oof, losing Cali and potentially other big states is going to be bad for their annual reports.

People who live in those red states better be ready to pay more because you know those prices are going up to make up for the lost business.

Time to get with the times.

Here's the thing: somebody else will do what they once were and take their place. Best believe competitors already sent those internal emails out to their employees to come up with a plan to get in. These companies def. ain't replaceable and the pharmacists can work at any other hospital knowing they're in high-demand.

Last edited: