California cuts ties with Walgreens after company limits access to abortion pills

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
:patrice: I thought they were limiting IN California. It sounds like this is cause the AGs in Republican states threatened them and they followed orders... Wtf does West Virginia have to do with California tho??? :dahell:

Dude voluntarily limited access in his own state :what: I don't get too caught up in all the abortion debates but this is a strange decision for an advocate to make

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Damn was it really worth it Walgreens? :picard:
They got 586 locations out there :damn:
Finito and if they try that shyt in New York they bout to be finished again… Mofos better issue an apology and back track

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I doubt it’s even blocking state employees from fulfilling scripts at the pharmacy. Doubt they could do that even if they wanted to. That’s between the patient and the insurance company. Reducing access to medicine over abortion pills that may be irrelevant to patients in need would be a political disaster.

Smells like grandstanding by Newsome. I bet it is just related to direct business with Walgreens and the state, so fairly limited.

There are a lot of plans where you can ONLY fill your prescription at CVS/Walgreens. If State employees are on one of those plans maybe they can just not renew and go with another insurance company. Does Cali have state public insurance plans? Maybe they can remove Walgreens as an in network pharmacy.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it’s just a conservative framed term for plan b
I didn't know abortion pills were a thing?:dahell:
Unless that's what they call plan B out there

Its not plan B (Although they will come for that next). Plan B only works for 72 Hours after sex. After that you will need to go to the Dr and get a prescription pill which is what they are refering to. It only works early in the pregnancy like the first month or so.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
it’s just a conservative framed term for plan b
I didn't know abortion pills were a thing?:dahell:
Unless that's what they call plan B out there

no, it's not. plan b prevents an embryo from implanting and is why you need to take it within 72 hours of having unprotected sex. the abortion pill will abort a fetus that's less than 10 weeks old

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not plan B (Although they will come for that next). Plan B only works for 72 Hours after sex. After that you will need to go to the Dr and get a prescription pill which is what they are refering to. It only works early in the pregnancy like the first month or so.

no, it's not. plan b prevents an embryo from implanting and is why you need to take it within 72 hours of having unprotected sex. the abortion pill will abort a fetus that's less than 10 weeks old
i didn’t read the article :hubie: