Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Yes. This needs to be as technical as possible, and not emotional. If your family member was a slave, you should get something. If we start excluding people who appear white, then it looks racist.

If logic has checked WHITE on the census over the last 10 years and his BC says WHITE -- he is not eligible.

Even if he comes from an enslaved person.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Are the white ppl that are descendants of Slaves going to get it too?

I'm sure that's a scenario that can come up with intermarriage.

For ex. Drake's baby may be able to trace his ADOS family back to 1870 via his grandfather...

drake-adonis-sophie-brussaux-2020-billboard-1548-1585688858.jpg

NO. There’s levels to this. You also have to have identified as black legally to be qualified meaning job applications, census, medical forms. None of that $5 Indian shyt.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Yes, because the argument was that black immigrants who came here post slavery still suffered from the vestigies of jim crow & de facto racism.
How many Africans were able to immigrate here post slavery? I'd have to imagine that the number is so small that's it's probably not even worth the effort of finding out. If you can trace ancestors back atleast 120 years with no signs of any immigrants then I think you should qualify. I dont think we have the records to prove who's ancestors were actually slaves but we should be able to tell who immigrated here within the last century. It's not like black immigrants were flooding the U.S. before that point anyways.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Who else was enslaved in the U.S. Sir? What other race would they be?

Of course, some of our ancestors will have Mulatto on the census due to rape/slavery - but the offspring of them are Black on the census.

For instance, one of Great great GF's is listed Mulatto on the 1870 census -- but his wife and children are Black -- he was enslaved as well.

Next census same family -- all listed as Black/Negro.

Yes, them.

But there are other families that got went from mulatto to octaroon to white.

I was asking if these white descendants should qualify.

I don't think they should and requiring them to prove their own race via birth certificates and census information would be a remedy to that.

If we do it strictly on genealogy, though,. undoubtedly there will be Whites that get it too

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Yes, because the argument was that black immigrants who came here post slavery still suffered from the vestigies of jim crow & de facto racism. However, as it pertains to cash payments and access to reparations programs, California decided to keep it ADOS because America or any state in it, isn't responsible for paying to OTHER COUNTRIES slave practices.

Correct -- and they can if they want too AND WE are encouraging them too file their own case against the U.S.

Separate from ours. They have to do theirs separately. And show how the U.S. affected them based off their immigration to the U.S.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Yes, them.

But there are other families that got went from mulatto to octaroon to white.

I was asking if these white descendants should qualify.

I don't think they should and requiring them to prove their own race via birth certificates and census information would be a remedy to that.

If we do it strictly on genealogy, though,. undoubtedly there will be Whites that get it too

No, they would not.

And I have never seen Octoroon on the Census. Just Mulatto, Colored, Black and Negro.

If they went from Mulatto to White -- see Barack Obama's family -- they are not eligible.

He came from a indentured servent/enslaved man -- he married white and all his offspring -- white -- that's Barack's momma people.

So, he would not - cause his momma and them all white. Even though he list hisself as Black.

Last edited:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
How many Africans were able to immigrate here post slavery? I'd have to imagine that the number is so small that's it's probably not even worth the effort of finding out. If you can trace ancestors back atleast 120 years with no signs of any immigrants then I think you should qualify. I dont think we have the records to prove who's ancestors were actually slaves but we should be able to tell who immigrated here within the last century. It's not like black immigrants were flooding the U.S. before that point anyways.

It was some here before the end of the 19th Century -- and they would have to do a separate claim. This is not for them.

Separate people/experiences, separate redress.

Free Negros/FPOC -- are descendents of once enslaved people. So, they would also have their records. See Angela Bassett.

And again, most of us can go back 3 generations -- that 64 grandparents. You can't find one - then they know they are not.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It was some here before the end of the 19th Century -- and they would have to do a separate claim. This is not for them.

Separate people/experiences, separate redress.

Free Negros/FPOC -- are descendents of once enslaved people. So, they would also have their records. See Angela Bassett.

And again, most of us can go back 3 generations -- that 64 grandparents. You can't find one - then they know they are not.
How many came here post slavery?