Cali or DMV? Where should I move

beezy

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
guala guala island
So I have a job offer for 83k/yr in NoVa and I'm lookin at a possible 75k in San Diego or San Jose.. I've never been to either; I'm originally from jersey and just moved from hawaii. I always thought San Diego would be dope cuz of the weather and what not but is it worth the pay cut? :patrice: I'm married and have a 3 year old son btw

Last edited:

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Where in NoVA would you be working?

I'm biased so I'll say DMV, however I hear that San Diego isn't much cheaper to live than this area.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Ft Belvoir. And yea, ive heard its expensive out there too which is why im wondering if its worth it

Dat 95 Corridor :obama:

Lots of development going on down in that area, and government contracting. From the reports that I've been reading, it's going to be crazy from there all the way up to DC. You'll be able to find decent housing around there, and even down 95 South.

Dettol

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC

Its cheaper to live there, close to other major cities along the Bos-Wash Megalopois (baltimore, philly, nyc, your home is jerz, etc) and it is more money you will be making.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
I lived in san jose and getting ready to move back.

My advice is san diego because san jose cost of living is the highest in cali.

san diego average rent for a nice place is $1300 a month, but the weather , the diversity of women loving brothers then u have vegas only 4 hours away, tijuana mexico right on the border and L.A. only a hour and half away u'll be living nice.

my sister live in fort washington md and the DMV is not my style. some nice african sistas other than that nah