c00n BRIGADE: AVA DUVERNAY, TA-NESHI, & MORE COMES OUT IN SUPPORT OF STALE AND OPRAH

---

Superstar
Daps
He's not a c00n, but he's borderline weak at times.

Not a crime, but not an endorsement either.

I hear you breh, but reading these comments got me rolling and also just

:dwillhuh:

yeah, he can be weak but c00n means he is in the same category as David Clarke. That ain't it!

Dr. Claw

Pro
Daps
Reppin
M.A.D.
This response to the backlash has completely exposed it all as a class war, IMO.
Because we're dealing with Black people, the lines don't quite look like it tends to look writ large -- some Black celebrities are with Snoop, others with Fauxprah/Fayle.

The fact that there were any prominent Black celebrities at ALL on the "fukk You" side is why it blew up, why Fayle went on IG and started moving the goal posts and blaming CBS. They often leaned on these people for "authenticity" purposes to show that they were still "down". All together they said "nah, we ain't doing this."

Those who identify with the Boule-side all went up with Fauxprah. They did the usual Bill Cosby "respectability politics" tour, pointing the finger at the "Bad Negroes" and moving the goalposts (talking about misogyny over all, not just in the language of Snoop). fukkin' SUSAN RICE and CORY BOOKER chiming in? Fauxprah really the feds.

And for the record: Fayle was c00ning, Oprah was EXTRA c00ning. Ari Lennox was right, they are the c00niest c00ns to ever c00n sometimes and they finally got caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

I said it back when the MJ bullshyt was going down, one day they gonna go at the wrong one and they gonna get lit up and their feelings hurt. I never thought it would be Kobe (partly because I never thought Kobe would be dead by now).
I hope people who fell for the homophobic concern trolling when it was MJ in the crosshairs see it now. This is what they do. Throw rocks, hide their hands, and manipulate the public as oligopolists tend to do in the public square.

These gatekeepers don't like it that people can talk back. And they really found out that certain famous Black people don't fukk with you when you do this shyt.

GOOD.

fukk 'em.

Dr. Claw

Pro
Daps
Reppin
M.A.D.
I agree in that gayle was wrong and should be called out, but there’s still a way to do things. Snoop calling her a “funky dog head bytch” and saying “we gonna come get you” does nothing to help rectify the situation. We have to be able to point out each other’s wrongs without completely tearing each other apart. There needs to be maturity in our conversations.

At minimum, cats gotta recognize the game.
Know that if you step out of the line of "respectability politics" they will drag you across those hot coals, regardless if you have a valid point or not.

Though I think he's mostly above these petty games, that's one reason why these bourgie types ain't fukkin' with someone like Tommy Curry (or Cornel West or Adolph Reed for that matter).

They can cut through the BS without calling you names. Because they know IF they do go that route, the conversation becomes about that.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree in that gayle was wrong and should be called out, but there’s still a way to do things. Snoop calling her a “funky dog head bytch” and saying “we gonna come get you” does nothing to help rectify the situation. We have to be able to point out each other’s wrongs without completely tearing each other apart. There needs to be maturity in our conversations.
Completely disagree

Without Snoop doing what he did you wouldn't have all this exposure going on right now

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Black women need to unite and call out Oprah and say that pro-black women stand with black men, like Kobe. Only that will make her and Gayle fall all the way back.

they are. It’s just getting drowned out by the celebrity chatter.

this is an interesting time. Because the intellectual dishonesty is so blatant with this issue and a lot of black folks ain’t buying it. It will be interesting to see the next tactic they try to shift the narrative

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This response to the backlash has completely exposed it all as a class war, IMO.
Because we're dealing with Black people, the lines don't quite look like it tends to look writ large -- some Black celebrities are with Snoop, others with Fauxprah/Fayle.

The fact that there were any prominent Black celebrities at ALL on the "fukk You" side is why it blew up, why Fayle went on IG and started moving the goal posts and blaming CBS. They often leaned on these people for "authenticity" purposes to show that they were still "down". All together they said "nah, we ain't doing this."

Those who identify with the Boule-side all went up with Fauxprah. They did the usual Bill Cosby "respectability politics" tour, pointing the finger at the "Bad Negroes" and moving the goalposts (talking about misogyny over all, not just in the language of Snoop). fukkin' SUSAN RICE and CORY BOOKER chiming in? Fauxprah really the feds.

And for the record: Fayle was c00ning, Oprah was EXTRA c00ning. Ari Lennox was right, they are the c00niest c00ns to ever c00n sometimes and they finally got caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

I said it back when the MJ bullshyt was going down, one day they gonna go at the wrong one and they gonna get lit up and their feelings hurt. I never thought it would be Kobe (partly because I never thought Kobe would be dead by now).
I hope people who fell for the homophobic concern trolling when it was MJ in the crosshairs see it now. This is what they do. Throw rocks, hide their hands, and manipulate the public as oligopolists tend to do in the public square.

These gatekeepers don't like it that people can talk back. And they really found out that certain famous Black people don't fukk with you when you do this shyt.

GOOD.

fukk 'em.

I take solace in the fact that almost everyone sees through the BS and are putting their feet on the necks on anyone that tried to deflect or justify the bullshyt. From regular folks on twitter to other reporters/celebs on the frontline; they're all calling out FauxPrah and Gayle. You will always have a few idiots in any group, I'm just glad that the majority of people are not going for the bullshyt

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I take solace in the fact that almost everyone sees through the BS and are putting their feet on the necks on anyone that tried to deflect or justify the bullshyt. From regular folks on twitter to other reporters/celebs on the frontline; they're all calling out FauxPrah and Gayle. You will always have a few idiots in any group, I'm just glad that the majority of people are not going for the bullshyt
When i saw Rickey Smiley, on his mainstream platform demanding that Gayle owes Kobe's familiy an apology i knew this shyt was real

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Did she deserved to be called out yes. But as black people we should be able to have civil discourse that doesn’t involve us calling another black woman a funky dog head bytch
Snoop has degraded and demeaned black women for the past 30 years, he needs to check himself and mature
I can’t take anyone who will do this for public display seriously
snoopdoggmtv.jpg

Honestly I appreciate Snoop. He’s not perfect but not everyone needs to have a PC, perfectly crafted reaction to emotional subjects. He said how he felt and got the dialog rolling. Him feeling that way shows how offensive it was to many people for Gayle to ask those questions. Trump says wilder shyt and people give him a pass. I’m not about to hold Snoop to a higher standard. All this shyt is a deflection from the real issue. Tasteless journalism.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
We on our own this time around, they elites have got their boule puppets in play man. Sadly working.....
it's not working like the boule think. that's why they are literally in panic mode going odee with the deflection talking points. They underestimated the fact that black men and black women would align against them while unifying to voice their objections about the situation. this is deeper than the bum ass misogyny talking points that they like to run with bc it doesn't support their excuse when black women have taken the same stance against them.