By Popular Demand: True Coliwood Stories - College Athletics

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Walt....unless i missed it....you never really say in the last story....

your girl had an abortion, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoo: at Against his religion. @Walt you're a damn good writer man. You take any writing classes?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I went back downstairs, talked to Alvin a little bit about whether this kind of shyt was a regular occurrence, and listened to some of the details he had about his recruitment visits.

So at them small schools you had a free ride to none of them rolled out the ho carpet for you?

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
I aint gon lie, im disappointed....general is still and will ALWAYS been the internet storytelling king :pacspit:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I dont believe @Walt wrote any of this shyt. Unless he fukking majored in storytelling im calling ducktales. shyt reads like a novel :skip:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Against His Religion

I really fukked with Andre's verse on T.I.'s "Sorry" when he said "I'd probably do it differently if second the chance/only if some cool ass older man woulda let me know in advance..." When you're growing up, no one tells you the truth about relationships. No one tells you that sex can get stale and complicated, even with someone you care about; that, as Killa Cam so succinctly put it when the Dips were in that SUV out in London, "past a certain age, bills is in effect;" that when you narrow your universe down to a two-person population, it puts a lot of pressure on the inhabitants to keep things fresh and fluid; that the human heart has a tendency to yearn for more no matter how much it has, that when we get used to something - no matter how good it is - we start wanting something else to justify our existence; that love isn't always enough to keep two people together. Love isn't always enough. My aunt had once said that to me when I asked her why, if she loved her son, she wasn't visiting him in jail. That's a whole 'nother story though.

I guess what I'm saying is relationships are uniquely complex entities. At best you open yourself up, make yourself vulnerable, say "what may come, will come." At worst you are deeply private while ostensibly sharing yourself; paranoid, protective to the point of diminishing the presence and significance of the person you're with; and ultimately manipulative. I still don't know what to make of relationships from one day to the next, and I've been in my fair share.

I can relate.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I really fukked with Andre's verse on T.I.'s "Sorry" when he said "I'd probably do it differently if second the chance/only if some cool ass older man woulda let me know in advance..." When you're growing up, no one tells you the truth about relationships. No one tells you that sex can get stale and complicated, even with someone you care about; that, as Killa Cam so succinctly put it when the Dips were in that SUV out in London, "past a certain age, bills is in effect;" that when you narrow your universe down to a two-person population, it puts a lot of pressure on the inhabitants to keep things fresh and fluid; that the human heart has a tendency to yearn for more no matter how much it has, that when we get used to something - no matter how good it is - we start wanting something else to justify our existence; that love isn't always enough to keep two people together. Love isn't always enough.
:wow:

How many years ago was all of that? Does it matter? Time is an irrelevant concept when we talk about tragedy, suffering, and loss. We carry our loss and suffering into bars, down cold streets, along highways, and most significantly into the deepest corners of our hearts and minds. Loss never quite leaves us, even when we think we've put it out of our minds. You always know when you meet someone who is carrying a profound and unspeakable loss inside, it's in the eyes, the occasional hesitation in speech, the barely detectable reactions to certain songs, certain situations. We rarely articulate it, because there aren't really words to make sense of that sort of thing. Even now, in typing this out, I was thinking by the time I reached the end there would be some connection I could make, some thread that would tie it all together and deliver an ultimate insight. But all I have is this: a woman who lost a child and couldn't recover; a woman who ruined a relationship when she thought she was saving it; a woman who decided being with a professional football player was worth abortion after abortion after abortion; a man whose religious belief didn't permit birth control, but was fine with terminating pregnancies.

Trying to figure out how to distill meaning from that winter, I keep coming back to two things. I think about Josephine the terrier being the only being I encountered that winter who seemed to know how to provide love without any weird, fukked up contingencies. And I can see Bree standing over the hotel bed, studying the map she'd laid out. She thought the world was wide open, when really it was closing down on her. I think about how quickly one single road out of many can become the singular road you take; how abruptly one way a life might turn out can become the entire life. I think about how to run away is just as dangerous as to stop moving altogether. I think about all that death, all that loss, and how fortunate it is that I'm one of the people from that winter who got back on the road and carved out a brand new journey; how lucky I am to still be going strong.
:whoo: