Buy houses in Baltimore for $1

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
You should be buying houses in Flint MICHIGAN:ufdup:

With in 3-5 years they'll get the pipes fixed and start the gentrification......that's the future hustle my brother and I got put on by these Chinese investors. We are about to close out on our 5th home out there :whew:

Y'all better look into it....

You and me both.

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
How do you manage long distance investments(personally). Do you have means of travel or local connects that the everyday man may not have? I like to start planning by attacking the biggest problems first. Reps for any advice

There are property management companies that can handle stuff for you....but if you're trying to save money then you can link up with a local person (like a contractor) and have them check up on your houses for you. You have to find a solid person that can be dependable (which isn't an easy task) you have to be willing to throw him some cash to keep an eye on your property while you sitting on it til then flip goes down :whoo:

Once we get all our houses locked down we will look at the cost of hiring a property management group to over see them verse hiring one of our trustworthy cousins to move in the area and check on all the properties daily. He's a good guy and single....so he can move up there....grab a cheap apartment and keep our stuff safe :whew:

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
In
Thinking of investing in Baltimore. The city can only good up from here and I'm a nikka all about opportunities. :ehh:

Investing in yourself is the only way to come out winning fam:salute:

Shoot your shot....better then working for 20+ years then getting fired cause they want to move your job to Mexico so the company can save some money:smugdraper:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child

I’m definitely looking into it. I heard about this back in Novemeber and my bro n law is a general contractor so we maybe can come up off this. The only catch is you have to live in the house you buy for one year minimum. I’m not sure if you can just rent it out which is our plan. So it’s something I need to look into more cuz I damn sure ain’t about to cop a vacant and be the only person on the block for a whole year. But that should tell y’all how many vacants this city has. There are whole blocks on both sides of the street with no one living in them.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)

With in 3-5 years they'll get the pipes fixed and start the gentrification......that's the future hustle my brother and I got put on by these Chinese investors. We are about to close out on our 5th home out there :whew:

Start the gentrification...for what?

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
I’m definitely looking into it. I heard about this back in Novemeber and my bro n law is a general contractor so we maybe can come up off this. The only catch is you have to live in the house you buy for one year minimum. I’m not sure if you can just rent it out which is our plan. So it’s something I need to look into more cuz I damn sure ain’t about to cop a vacant and be the only person on the block for a whole year. But that should tell y’all how many vacants this city has. There are whole blocks on both sides of the street with no one living in them.

How are the taxes in the city?

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Not sure about this, as someone in the area and people who are directly connected to the Flint situation, I don't know what industry/business will come to Flint. Flint's airport isn't a major hub, they are about 1 and a half from Detroit's metro airport (no traffic). Many cities are looking to update their water system in the state (the MPSC mandated this with their recent report). The areas that have the best chance to improve in Flint don't have the best deals in real estate currently (almost overpriced), similar to Detroit 4 to 5 years ago but at least with Detroit there were real things coming to the city, there has been nothing for Flint. Flint is a further north version of Pontiac and to use Pontiac as an example, people wanted to talk about industry coming to Pontiac too but when you replace an old plant site that could have thousands of jobs with the M1 Concourse race track that may only require 50-100 employees max, this doesn't lead toward gentrification. Also real estate is one of the easiest ways for Chinese investor to move money out of their country when factoring in the stringent rules in China so they are willing to speculate more just to move money out (they made this mistake investing in neighborhoods in Detroit years ago and have yet to see real returns). Flint isn't a suburb of Detroit as during rush hour times it can take up to two hours to travel between the two cities, Flint lived off manufacturing and now like Pontiac have no industry willing to come there outside of dining and entertainment at best. I especially don't see anything happening up there in 5 years either but I wish you well.

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
Not sure about this, as someone in the area and people who are directly connected to the Flint situation, I don't know what industry/business will come to Flint. Flint's airport isn't a major hub, they are about 1 and a half from Detroit's metro airport (no traffic). Many cities are looking to update their water system in the state (the MPSC mandated this with their recent report). The areas that have the best chance to improve in Flint don't have the best deals in real estate currently (almost overpriced), similar to Detroit 4 to 5 years ago but at least with Detroit there were real things coming to the city, there has been nothing for Flint. Flint is a further north version of Pontiac and to use Pontiac as an example, people wanted to talk about industry coming to Pontiac too but when you replace an old plant site that could have thousands of jobs with the M1 Concourse race track that may only require 50-100 employees max, this doesn't lead toward gentrification. Also real estate is one of the easiest ways for Chinese investor to move money out of their country when factoring in the stringent rules in China so they are willing to speculate more just to move money out (they made this mistake investing in neighborhoods in Detroit years ago and have yet to see real returns). Flint isn't a suburb of Detroit as during rush hour times it can take up to two hours to travel between the two cities, Flint lived off manufacturing and now like Pontiac have no industry willing to come there outside of dining and entertainment at best. I especially don't see anything happening up there in 5 years either but I wish you well.

Thanks for the heads up, but we did our research Dan Gilbert is bent on getting Detroit back off the ground and that's a billionaire...that's the thing with alot of people, too scared to take some steps to financial freedom. Things could go to shyt (sure) but at the worst we would have multiple homes to leave to our kids and they can be the ones to flip them if need be. But we have plenty of time to see this transformation out....better then working for someone else:jbhmm:

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for the heads up, but we did our research Dan Gilbert is bent on getting Detroit back off the ground and that's a billionaire...that's the thing with alot of people, too scared to take some steps to financial freedom. Things could go to shyt (sure) but at the worst we would have multiple homes to leave to our kids and they can be the ones to flip them if need be. But we have plenty of time to see this transformation out....better then working for someone else:jbhmm:
No one is scared, just offering an opinion, especially for brehs who aren't familiar with Flint, I am currently investing closer to the city but again I want to see a black man win so I really hope Flint turns around, especially for the people there.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'd say invest in fringe neighborhoods, like around Johns Hopkins, Pigtown, North & Park Ave., North & Greenmount. As time goes on, those fringe neighborhoods will become the "trendy" neighborhoods. I'm tired of my city being a punchline. Baltimore is so underrated that it's depressing.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
They did this in NYC during the 70s/80s. The city owned a lot of foreclosed and burned down property (lots, brownstones, and buildings) and sold them for an extremely low low price. Some of these homes, lots, and hdfcs are worth a lot of money now and it definitely helped boost homeownership