But Gamepass don’t work: Outriders, a Game Pass game, is #1 Top Paid Games on Xbox

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So basically they love Game Pass because MS is willing to pay for their shovelware when regular consumers aren't.
doesn't make sense in Outriders case because it sold just fine on Steam, physical, *and* got great Game Pass traction :francis: so what does that mean?

The majority of gaming coverage looks at marketing/distribution/feedback like a yes or no question. A studio makes money on DVD sales, theatric release, streaming, etc but for whatever reason that's 2+2=-3 here.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
doesn't make sense in Outriders case because it sold just fine on Steam, physical, *and* got great Game Pass traction :francis: so what does that mean?

The majority of gaming coverage looks at marketing/distribution/feedback like a yes or no question. A studio makes money on DVD sales, theatric release, streaming, etc but for whatever reason that's 2+2=-3 here.

Outriders was also one of the first real current gen games for Xbox, so its obviously going to be an outlier.

You gotta remember they launched a new console with like zero games.

Thanks for the money :blessed:

Why rely on selling your game to fans when you can sell them to microsoft?

MS goofy ass basically funding development for these multi platform games, similar to how they inadvertently paid for all those PS4 Pro upgrades when they paid all those developers to make XoneX versions of existing games.

Imagine if that money went to 343 for resourcing or testing, Halo Infinite could have been relevant today :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Outriders was also one of the first real current gen games for Xbox, so its obviously going to be an outlier.

You gotta remember they launched a new console with like zero games.

MS goofy ass basically funding development for these multi platform games, similar to how they inadvertently paid for all those PS4 Pro upgrades when they paid all those developers to make XoneX versions of existing games.

Imagine if that money went to 343 for resourcing or testing, Halo Infinite could have been relevant today :wow:

you know they sending halo infinite to live on the farm once they get CoD

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

might be for the best.

they ran it into the ground and 343i ain't Bungie.

Suits didn't help either.

Let it rest for a while and resurrect it with someone who knows what the fukk they are doing.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

Imma be serious for a second, but if they really wanted to save Halo, they would give the franchise to iD software.

I doubt the franchise is going anywhere since that's MS' crown jewel, so might as well give it to some of the best and most competent shooter devs in the industry since they own them now. 343i is a complete dub.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Imma be serious for a second, but if they really wanted to save Halo, they would give the franchise to iD software.

I doubt the franchise is going anywhere since that's MS' crown jewel, so might as well give it to some of the best and most competent shooter devs in the industry since they own them now. 343i is a complete dub.

I mean they would have to want to actually do it, which I doubt they do. I think a studios worst nightmare is having their parent company get bought out and then being assigned to work on an IP from an entirely different studio.

It seems like ID is making the next quake. Which makes sense since its their IP.

also, who wants to be tasked with saving Halo? like what can you actually do for it?

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I mean they would have to want to actually do it, which I doubt they do. I think a studios worst nightmare is having their parent company get bought out and then being assigned to work on an IP from an entirely different studio.

It seems like ID is making the next quake. Which makes sense since its their IP.

also, who wants to be tasked with saving Halo? like what can you actually do for it?

I mean... Quake and Halo are almost fundamentally the same game lol, they literally could just reskin the next Quake with Halo themed assets and textures and call it a day.

And since they're bought out by MS, they really wouldnt have a say in what MS tells them to make. Its shytty but isnt MS already doing this with Playground and Fable.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean... Quake and Halo are almost fundamentally the same game lol, they literally could just reskin the next Quake with Halo themed assets and textures and call it a day.

And since they're bought out by MS, they really wouldnt have a say in what MS tells them to make. Its shytty but isnt MS already doing this with Playground and Fable.

from what I hear Playground wanted to make Fable, and they were already kind of working on another studios IP anyway

I also think Quake fans are just all around more pleasant than Halo fans right now.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Had a lot of fun with Outriders. Lots of chaos. Haven’t played since they revamped the endgame. Gotta check it out.