Busta goes on tirade at Essence about the audience being on their phones and not standing up, still got fruity pants and fat

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Mafukkas was not on they phones recording shyt. Mafukkas was killing time cause they didn't give 1 fukk about his performance. That's why the field seats by the stage was so empty looking. Mafukkas left they seats to go mingle or get food and drinks cause they wasn’t interested. :mjlol:

I been to Essence Fest a million times. When it is an artist that get people hype that shyt goes crazy.

Beyonce had mafukkas so wild all over the Superdome that people was paying more attention to mafukkas having dance competitions.

Last edited:

horizon

Veteran
Daps
NO brehs* we gotta get together for Essence fest too many of us on here to not link up

*Except for sbp because I'll ***** him fr

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Mafukkas was not on they phones recording shyt. Mafukkas was killing time cause they didn't give 1 fukk about his performance. That's why the field seats by the stage was so empty looking. Mafukkas left they seats to go mingle or get food and drinks cause they wasn’t interested. :mjlol:

I been to Essence Fest a million times. When it is an artist that get people hype that shyt goes crazy.

Beyonce had mafukkas so wild all over the Superdome that people was paying more attention to mafukkas having dance competitions.
lol facts man. Facts. That’s why I laughed when people talked bout him doing a verses. Nobody really gives a fukk bout busta

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Couple things......

Busta Rhymes never performed in New Orleans before? That seems very odd.

This
2nd, essence festival crowd is older. I don't buy tickets to any concert where I don't have an assigned seat. I want a seat and I expect to use said seat.
This
3rd, I agree on the phones. Why pay all that money to see someone perform, only to watch them through your phone.
Yeah shyt is goofy and just part of the attention whoring look at me culture we live in nowadays. People want Dem likes and clout. Better than cocaine

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Cell phones really killed the concert experience for me. Typically just a bunch of people standing there with phones up recording and not actually experiencing what’s happening. I’ve been to 100s of shows in my life and witness the decline over time. If I feel that way, I can only imagine what some of these artist feel while performing now.
Why would that affect you? Imagine going to a concert and spending the whole thing trying to get good footage instead of actually enjoying the show. I just laugh at that shyt and enjoy the show.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Why would that affect you? Imagine going to a concert and spending the whole thing trying to get good footage instead of actually enjoying the show. I just laugh at that shyt and enjoy the show.
Part of a good concert experience is also about the vibe from the crowd. The performer feeds off that energy and makes for a better show too. If the crowd is dead and just recording and watching through their phone, that can put a damper on the vivid of the show.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
There used to be a unified energy to concerts when everyone was engaged. That energy is the only reason I personally enjoyed shows. Other than that might as well watch music videos or just listen. As well as it’s annoying looking over and through a whole crowd of raised arms and screens. Ironically live posting on here during certain events has become fun to me now.