Burkina Faso,Mali & Guinea express solidarity w/ Niger🇳🇪 and warn that ANY military intervention against Niger is a DECLARATION OF WAR | Algeria joins

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
That's what pan-africanism is for but posters like you are against it:mjpls:
I’m against in in its current form because it leads to traps like this

We have to fix our own communities before we reach out to others or we’ll just keep poisoning each other.

That’s a long hard road that nobody is willing to travel

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is what I mean by naive. You're talking about an allyship between two liberal (relatively) democratic countries for the last 150 years and comparing it to Niger and Russia :skip:

If he isn't compromised Russians would assassinate him themselves if he becomes too revolutionary.

No, you are naive. You think I don't understand that Russia is looking out for itself? Their motivation is ultimately self-serving (Burkina Faso's motivations are self-serving), but it is in their best interest to have allies all over the world - particularly in the Global South - since the powerful and aggressive West wants to isolate and destroy them and China. China and Russia cannot stand up to the entire militarized and economically powerful world on their own; they simply understand that having allies in a multipolar world weakens their enemies (NATO) and gives them a global advantage. Colonizing the Sahel is a waste of time for an extremely resource rich and despised country (by the West) like Russia that has bigger fish to fry (again, the West trying to destroy them).

If he isn't compromised Russians would assassinate him themselves if he becomes too revolutionary.

And why would Russia assassinate him? What is "too revolutionary"? When has the Russian Federation showed itself to be expansionist? I already asked for evidence. Back up your wild assertion with facts.

It's one thing to keep a pistol loaded and to be skeptical of foreign entities, it's another to just make baseless claims and mindlessly speculate. I follow actions, not rhetoric. Nothing in Russia's history or recent actions suggests what you are claiming. They are not expansionist; you should actually follow events and stop daydreaming like a kid.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Do you truly believe Russia or China will ever see these nations as an ally?

I hope so, but I don’t think African nations will ever truly get the respect they deserve until they take it.

You can’t do that unless you have a functional, sophisticated intelligence agency that isn’t compromised one way or the other, a well trained, self sustaining, technologically advanced military, and nuclear weapons as a deterrent to any and everyone.

Africa will never be independent until that happens and every nation on Earth not on the continent would nuke themselves before they ever allowed that to happen.

Respect or validation isn't what we're looking for, we want freedom. Russia's actions do not align with an imperialist agenda. I am not in love with Russia or (especially) China - these are just objective observations.

You are PTSD'd by Western cacs. Western cacs love a poor Africa because they desperately rely on wonton theft of Africa's resources. Countries like France, Switzerland and Belgium are literally worthless otherwise. China and Russia do not have that problem at all. Why would they want to "nuke themselves before they ever allowed that to happen?" Independent and economically viable African counties badly hurts the West, not them, so why would they need Africa to be poor? Where does that get them?

You can’t do that unless you have a functional, sophisticated intelligence agency that isn’t compromised one way or the other, a well trained, self sustaining, technologically advanced military, and nuclear weapons as a deterrent to any and everyone.

That's exactly what the Sahel countries are building towards! Nuclear weapons are the next logical step for the region as Niger is loaded with uranium. They can easily become energy self sufficient with the vast petroleum and uranium reserves. All three regime changes came to be via military coups.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Respect or validation isn't what we're looking for, we want freedom. Russia's actions do not align with an imperialist agenda. I am not in love with Russia or (especially) China - these are just objective observations.

You are PTSD'd by Western cacs. Western cacs love a poor Africa because they desperately rely on wonton theft of Africa's resources. Countries like France, Switzerland and Belgium are literally worthless otherwise. China and Russia do not have that problem at all. Why would they want to "nuke themselves before they ever allowed that to happen?" Independent and economically viable African counties badly hurts the West, not them, so why would they need Africa to be poor? Where does that get them?

That's exactly what the Sahel countries are building towards! Nuclear weapons are the next logical step for the region as Niger is loaded with uranium. They can easily become energy self sufficient with the vast petroleum and uranium reserves. All three regime changes came to be via military coups.
I’m not PTSD’d by anything

I know what you need to do and I’ve been waiting all of my life for you nikkas to get off your knees and do it.

If you’re finally serious, I’m definitely pulling for you and will provide whatever I can in support.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m not PTSD’d by anything

I know what you need to do and I’ve been waiting all of my life for you nikkas to get off your knees and do it.

If you’re finally serious, I’m definitely pulling for you and will provide whatever I can in support.

Hey brother. Apologies for the delay, my week was busy as fukk. I am not a Sahelian, so respectfully do not adresss me as much. The Sahel brehs are putting in work right now, and are not beholden to anyone so they should be respected as such. Their fight is complicated but as far as I have seen they’re doing all the right things.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

African Unity Can’t Take Place on France’s Terms​

AN INTERVIEW WITHNDONGO SAMBA SYLLA

Samba Sylla, author of Africa’s Last Colonial Currency: The CFA Franc Story , has written widely on the French neocolonial presence in West Africa. He is a critic of Senegalese president Macky Sall, who this Saturday called off the country’s planned elections indefinitely. He spoke to Jacobin’s David Broder about the three states’ move to leave ECOWAS, what their claimed assertion of sovereignty involves, and the rival claims of Russian and French meddling in the region.

Full article: African Unity Can’t Take Place on France’s Terms

Key notes from the Interview
- The Western militarization of Africa has been a breeding ground for political instability and the emergence of military regimes. As a reaction, the pan-Africanist and popular uprising that started in the Sahelian epicenter now threatens to engulf neighboring neocolonial regimes labelled “democracies.”

-There is no “return” of coups (Africa). There is rather a long-standing Francophone Africa coup problem. Explanations in terms of “bad governance,” poverty, and so on lack specificity. These features can be found in many countries across Africa where government overthrow is a thing of the past (which does not imply that they are “democratic”). Nine coups happened in Africa since 2020: eight in French-speaking countries and/or in a geopolitical context militarized by the West (the French-speaking Sahel countries and Sudan)

- One of the “specificities” of military coups in Francophone Africa is that, from an historical perspective, they have been the only means to get rid of facets of French imperialism. This is not to say that military coups are inherently progressive. Not at all. Most of them have been reactionary and worked to further cement the neocolonial order. But, given the French grip on the “choice” of African leaders, and its long-term success in crushing the civilian left, the rare leaders who had a project to break from French neocolonialism came from the military. We might think for example of charismatic and honest leaders like Thomas Sankara in Burkina Faso.

-The recent period in French-speaking Africa is marked by the “return” of practices from the era of single-party rule. Incumbents increasingly allow themselves to rig elections by choosing their own opponents, manipulating constitutional norms and laws, pressurizing the judiciary, and deploying an unprecedented level of violence against their own populations — all of this with the complicity of the “international community,” which equates “democracy” with neocolonial servitude and the implementation of the neoliberal agenda.

-The circumstances that led to the recent coups are different from one country to another. So is their political “profile.” While some putsches allow French neocolonialism to reorganize and to prevent an undesirable regime change (like in Gabon and in Chad), the bloodless putsches in Mali, Burkina Faso, and Niger are clearly opposed to so-called Françafrique.

-Providing security services has been Russia’s comparative advantage in Africa, particularly in its French-speaking part. Russian influence on the continent is often singled out in the West. But the Western mainstream narrative usually omits to say that Russia, including the Wagner Group, has helped and is helping countries like the Central African Republic and Mali to reestablish their territorial unity, where France (including private French security groups) has failed. In Mali, France has been present since 2013. Its results on the front of the fight against jihadism have been more than mixed. French troops have gradually been perceived by the population as occupying forces.

-Prior to the arrival of the military in power, the “democratically elected” government in Mali could rarely deploy its troops in its own airspace, for lack of authorization from France! Following the departure of French and MINUSMA (United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali) troops, the military regime succeeded in retaking Kidal, a town that France had left in the hands of separatist groups.

mykey

Superstar
Daps
The toothless, useless French puppet ECOWAS has capitulated.

They have lifted sanctions on Niger, Burkina Faso, Mali and Guinea but it's too late as the train has left the station.

The Sahel countries have moved on, their economies are projected to be the fastest growing in the world in 2024 and they have the Alliance of Sahel States as their new confederation.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The toothless, useless French puppet ECOWAS has capitulated.

They have lifted sanctions on Niger, Burkina Faso, Mali and Guinea but it's too late as the train has left the station.

The Sahel countries have moved on, their economies are projected to be the fastest growing in the world in 2024 and they have the Alliance of Sahel States as their new confederation.

Had to swallow their pride and get with the program..and realize they're a relic of the past.
They're just here to serve western interests. :camby:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

I'm not mad at them cutting ties with the French leeches and US. But you cant start dealing with China and Russia now.
Cut them all loose :camby: