Bungie to develop sci-fi fantasy FPS MMO?

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
I mean that's nice I guess but Halo used to run the whole FPS world now motherfukkers running around playing Fortnite and wondering who the fukk masterchief is

that's a hell of a change. and shyt is never going back. even a good halo is just halo*

Halo run ended when COD MW dropped. Before that my friend list was all Halo 3. Only the hardcore players stuck with Halo and the casual fans who never enjoyed Halo with competitive settings jumped ship. There wasn't much competition back then. It was just Halo and Rainbow Six 3 as for console FPS. COD extra auto aim, large hit box, leveling up, unlocking guns came through and crush the buildings and noobs flock to it.

and this dismisses everything you ever said on the topic anyways :yeshrug: end the year telling lies brehs

Go ahead and try me. I played halo ce 2 and 3 from launch to until Reach dropped. Halo 5 > Halo CE 2, 3, Reach, 4. I know what I'm talking about. Go ahead try the sPrInT iS nOt hALo argument with me. I dare you. I'll tell you everything that was trash about the previous Halo that these halo 5 haters seem to forgotten about.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Halo run ended when COD MW dropped. Before that my friend list was all Halo 3. Only the hardcore players stuck with Halo and the casual fans who never enjoyed Halo with competitive settings jumped ship. There wasn't much competition back then. It was just Halo and Rainbow Six 3 as for console FPS. COD extra auto aim, large hit box, leveling up, unlocking guns came through and crush the buildings and noobs flock to it.

Go ahead and try me. I played halo ce 2 and 3 from launch to until Reach dropped. Halo 5 > Halo CE 2, 3, Reach, 4. I know what I'm talking about. Go ahead try the sPrInT iS nOt hALo argument with me. I dare you. I'll tell you everything that was trash about the previous Halo that these halo 5 haters seem to forgotten about.
Sprint and thrusters ruined the Halo dance:yeshrug:

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
343 made halo 5 which is better than all halo before it. Halo 2 was trash unless you played with MLG settings. Bungie designed halo 2 with dual welding as a priority and one flag/assault in mind. Halo 3 was the same trash as halo 2 with gimmicky equipment, trash hit registration and netcoding.

If you talmbout noob gametypes like one flag ctf on zanzibar, noob big team battle with warthogs then yeah I pray that 343 never recapture that impact. :blessed:

343 and Halo 5 proved that Halo have not plateaued. Instead of innovating, bungie tried to copy COD with loadouts and jetpacks camps etc, and nearly killed competitive Halo. 343 took what was great about Halo CE, 2, 3 and made halo 5.:blessed:

While bungie went off and made scrubs games for players like you who need to level up and unlock rewards like COD to feel euphorbia, like a puppy needs a scooby snack. The competitive part of about Halo was made by accident.
You sound like one of the 100 people left in the competitive Halo community still trying to relive the glory days of 2009 while gaming has basically evolved from basic arena shooters. Thats the problem with halo fan base in general and why I think Bungie left in the first place. They want Halo to always be Halo with barely any innovation or fresh ideas and if that's fun for you, so be it. But there are too many options for competitive shooters that do it better and in more fun way than small tweaks on a 2007 formula.

As far as Halo reach/ODST they were just a tech demo for Destiny's engine and gameplay ideas while simultaneously getting out of a Microsoft contract. Bungie was tired of Halo after 3.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
You sound like one of the 100 people left in the competitive Halo community still trying to relive the glory days of 2009 while gaming has basically evolved from basic arena shooters.

If I wanted to relive the glory days of 2009, I can turn on the Xbox and play Halo Master Chief Collection, courtesy of 343.

Real talk I had no hope for Halo 5 before it dropped. I thought Halo CE was going to consume my whole life but that all changed when the GOAT Halo dropped.

Thats the problem with halo fan base in general and why I think Bungie left in the first place. They want Halo to always be Halo with barely any innovation or fresh ideas and if that's fun for you, so be it. But there are too many options for competitive shooters that do it better and in more fun way than small tweaks on a 2007 formula.

I don't know why bungie left, but it was a blessing. Bungie couldn't accomplish what 343 did with Halo 5. They were copying COD with loadouts, perks, etc.

A lot of these fans bytching about Halo 5 are the same fans that I described earlier, that jumped ship to COD when MW dropped. They're lying and trying to rewrite history. Halo 2 was a fukking trash when it dropped. Melees and grenades were weak af and matchmaking settings were unplayable and cater to dual welding scrubs that never understood to Halo's pistol/BR start style of play. These are the same clowns crying about sprint and thrust. Halo 3 was the same as Halo 2 with a bigger BR bullet spread and a terrible netcoding. The same clowns crying about a Halo 5 maps being too big ignore big maps in Halo 3 like The Pit and Narrows didn't exist.

Halo 5 is that innovation and fresh ideas that 343 delivered. Don't let these clowns rewrite history. If you travel back in time to MLG forums and write down all the complaints about Halo 2 and 3, then you'll realized that 343 LISTENED TO ALL OF IT and fixed it in Halo 5. They gave us a strong precision starting weapon. They balance all power weapon to perfection. They gave us a set time weapon spawn. They gave us dedicated servers. They gave a excellent netcoding. They gave us majority excellent arena style maps instead of bunch 1 flag objective maps. In comparison, Halo 2 literally have 3 good maps, lockout, midship, and warlock(halo ce remake). Halo 3 had even less. Yes I enjoyed Halo 2 and 3 but you have to jump through hoops and rings just to play it on good settings.

This is why I said Halo is in better hands with 343. We got fukking Master Chief Collection and we got the GOAT Halo 5. Bungie is better making casual games like destiny.

With infinite, I couldn't care less. When Halo 2 dropped, don't let these fools lie, that shyt was trash. At the time, we couldn't go back to Halo CE since it didn't have online play. We had to suffer Bungie refusal to to include an MLG playlist. If infinite is trash, I couldn't care less because I could just throw in Halo 5.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't play Destiny anymore, but when Destiny was good, few games, if any, matched it. Destiny defined the PS4/Xbox One generation, and it's impact in the gaming industry is the biggest in the past decade.

Vault of Glass
Wrath of The Machine
King's Fall
Last Wish

are some of the most memorable shyt of last gen.
I tried to return to Destiny 2 with the PS5 update but I saw that "sunset" weapons and gear and shyt and was like "nah, I'm not about to grind for new versions of the same roll/weapons I've amassed over the years again" and bowed out, but facts is facts. Destiny changed the industry

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I don't play Destiny anymore, but when Destiny was good, few games, if any, matched it. Destiny defined the PS4/Xbox One generation, and it's impact in the gaming industry is the biggest in the past decade.

Vault of Glass
Wrath of The Machine
King's Fall
Last Wish

are some of the most memorable shyt of last gen.
I tried to return to Destiny 2 with the PS5 update but I saw that "sunset" weapons and gear and shyt and was like "nah, I'm not about to grind for new versions of the same roll/weapons I've amassed over the years again" and bowed out, but facts is facts. Destiny changed the industry
And of course Rise of Iron.
TTK -> ROI Expansions b2b:ohlawd:

Destiny used to be my shyt but it's too up & down (good expansion, trash expansion) not too mention time consuming. At its best it can stand with any game out there, they really changed the game and more or less birthed the quasi-mmo genre on console

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
and this dismisses everything you ever said on the topic anyways :yeshrug: end the year telling lies brehs
He’s absolutely right.

Halo 5 is by far the most polished, fine tuned Halo game and because of 343’s rep it doesn’t get the appreciation it deserves. They nailed every drastic change while keeping it rooted in Halo. I still play it to this day

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
He’s absolutely right.

Halo 5 is by far the most polished, fine tuned Halo game and because of 343’s rep it doesn’t get the appreciation it deserves. They nailed every drastic change while keeping it rooted in Halo. I still play it to this day
He's right about halo 5 being the most polished in the series but he's wrong about 343 doing something that bungie couldn't do. The problem with the halo fanbase is that they dont want change, that why halo 5 can be as good as it was and still be written off by the halo community. Bungie understood that If they wanted to try new ideas, they'd have to do it with a new IP because the halo community doesn't like changes.

Bungie could have easily adapted some mechanics from destiny to make an open world halo game, but the fanbase would have hated it.

Now 343 has the problem bungie ran from, how to you modernize a series like halo when the fans dont want the series to evolve?

It's like trying to develop a new counterstrike game with modern fps mechanics, you already know the community would shyt on it.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Yall are on point with Halo's downfall. shyt looks outdated because of the hostility from the fans. No aim down sights in 2020 fukk outta here. Made me skip the franchise.
They wont even entertain the idea of shyt like sprinting, aiming down sights, jetpacks to increase Mobility, etc.

Any discussion of additional gameplay mechanics are instantly shot down and shytted on. The game HAS to play like a 2007 game with good graphics, any deviation from that formula will ruin the "halo dance" as if creating new strategies and adapting to evolution is blasphemy in the halo community.

Bungie was right to drop the series and go in another direction. One day 343 will get tired of the bullshyt too.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Somewhat... I would say MW2 definitely ended Halo's run though

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
If I wanted to relive the glory days of 2009, I can turn on the Xbox and play Halo Master Chief Collection, courtesy of 343.

Real talk I had no hope for Halo 5 before it dropped. I thought Halo CE was going to consume my whole life but that all changed when the GOAT Halo dropped.

I don't know why bungie left, but it was a blessing. Bungie couldn't accomplish what 343 did with Halo 5. They were copying COD with loadouts, perks, etc.

A lot of these fans bytching about Halo 5 are the same fans that I described earlier, that jumped ship to COD when MW dropped. They're lying and trying to rewrite history. Halo 2 was a fukking trash when it dropped. Melees and grenades were weak af and matchmaking settings were unplayable and cater to dual welding scrubs that never understood to Halo's pistol/BR start style of play. These are the same clowns crying about sprint and thrust. Halo 3 was the same as Halo 2 with a bigger BR bullet spread and a terrible netcoding. The same clowns crying about a Halo 5 maps being too big ignore big maps in Halo 3 like The Pit and Narrows didn't exist.

Halo 5 is that innovation and fresh ideas that 343 delivered. Don't let these clowns rewrite history. If you travel back in time to MLG forums and write down all the complaints about Halo 2 and 3, then you'll realized that 343 LISTENED TO ALL OF IT and fixed it in Halo 5. They gave us a strong precision starting weapon. They balance all power weapon to perfection. They gave us a set time weapon spawn. They gave us dedicated servers. They gave a excellent netcoding. They gave us majority excellent arena style maps instead of bunch 1 flag objective maps. In comparison, Halo 2 literally have 3 good maps, lockout, midship, and warlock(halo ce remake). Halo 3 had even less. Yes I enjoyed Halo 2 and 3 but you have to jump through hoops and rings just to play it on good settings.

This is why I said Halo is in better hands with 343. We got fukking Master Chief Collection and we got the GOAT Halo 5. Bungie is better making casual games like destiny.

With infinite, I couldn't care less. When Halo 2 dropped, don't let these fools lie, that shyt was trash. At the time, we couldn't go back to Halo CE since it didn't have online play. We had to suffer Bungie refusal to to include an MLG playlist. If infinite is trash, I couldn't care less because I could just throw in Halo 5.
Objectively speaking youre probably right about 5, but the problem still remains about a rose tinted vocal minority who paint previous halo's as the pinnacle of gaming and believe Halo should be an updated graphical version of a 2007 game. It put Halo in a position of playing catch up to the modern scene instead of being a the forefront like it was in its prime. I could talk about the shytty launch of MCC, but honestly its just the norm of gaming at this point.

Actually wish more Halo fans were like you and could accept some of the changes 343 did put into the game and let it gradually change and adapt to a modern competitive climate instead of letting the community be divided over the glory days of LAN tournaments in 2006.