Bungie to develop sci-fi fantasy FPS MMO?

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Destiny never reached Halo's heights
In terms of mainstream recognition maybe. But Destiny is huge.
No one mentions Halo.

In terms of profit and user engagement sure Bungie will take Destiny over Halo 10 out of 10 times.
Besides if you play Destiny now you can see who really made Halo and who's just copying other people's work.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Bungie is independent and chillin now while Microsoft is begging them to come back :mjlol: meanwhile Halo is only relevant because the MCC keeps regurgitating Bungie's greatest hits. 343 can't even maintain what Bungie started.
I think bungie sucks right now yet agree with this statement.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
In terms of mainstream recognition maybe. But Destiny is huge.
No one mentions Halo.

In terms of profit and user engagement sure Bungie will take Destiny over Halo 10 out of 10 times.
Besides if you play Destiny now you can see who really made Halo and who's just copying other people's work.
I got destiny 2 on gamepass and as far as AI Halo is better than it. its a step backwards. this video explains how I feel.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I got destiny 2 on gamepass and as far as AI Halo is better than it. its a step backwards. this video explains how I feel.

AI may be a step backwards but don't look at what the game isn't doing look at what it is doing. Not many games out there give you the satisfaction of completing a strike using team work.

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The gunplay in destiny is second to none don’t care what no one says just wish they they added more secret weapons and worthy while activities. This seasons weapons from crow are Garbo

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

The AI and combat in Halo was so revolutionary. I wish it stuck around. Slower, more methodical, and with good resource usage available. It almost wasn't fair when it dropped. So far ahead of everything else, and still kinda is to this day.

Too bad the fast food CoD4+ style won everyone over. Even CoD2 was good with AI adapting. Just the latter ones got too heavy on scripting.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
AI may be a step backwards but don't look at what the game isn't doing look at what it is doing. Not many games out there give you the satisfaction of completing a strike using team work.
sorry but a game from 2017 shouldnt be a step behind AI wise from a game from 2001.:manny:
EDIT: made by the same company that revolutionized enemy ai fps:camby:

Last edited:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Destiny never reached Halo's heights

Idk about that. Destiny definitely got the casual fans.

Bungie is independent and chillin now while Microsoft is begging them to come back :mjlol: meanwhile Halo is only relevant because the MCC keeps regurgitating Bungie's greatest hits. 343 can't even maintain what Bungie started.

Halo is in better hands with 343. Bungie got lucky with Halo CE and just copy and modified 2 and 3. Reach really shows that CE was a fluke. 343 came in and saved reach when they removed the bloom.

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

Halo is in better hands with 343. Bungie got lucky with Halo CE and just copy and modified 2 and 3. Reach really shows that CE was a fluke. 343 came in and saved reach when they removed the bloom.
How is Halo in better hands when the title can't recapture any sort of the impact the first 3 had and the next iteration just got pushed back a year?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

even if that's how you want to play it..... 'saving' reach by changing a few things < making halo reach :unimpressed:

halo plateaued ages ago. bungie knew they went as far as they could with that framework ages ago and left when it became obvious. 343 been beating their head against the wall and swamped in different types of production hell ever since they got the keys

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
How is Halo in better hands when the title can't recapture any sort of the impact the first 3 had and the next iteration just got pushed back a year?

343 made halo 5 which is better than all halo before it. Halo 2 was trash unless you played with MLG settings. Bungie designed halo 2 with dual welding as a priority and one flag/assault in mind. Halo 3 was the same trash as halo 2 with gimmicky equipment, trash hit registration and netcoding.

If you talmbout noob gametypes like one flag ctf on zanzibar, noob big team battle with warthogs then yeah I pray that 343 never recapture that impact. :blessed:

even if that's how you want to play it..... 'saving' reach by changing a few things < making halo reach :unimpressed:

halo plateaued ages ago. bungie knew they went as far as they could with that framework ages ago and left when it became obvious. 343 been beating their head against the wall and swamped in different types of production hell ever since they got the keys

343 and Halo 5 proved that Halo have not plateaued. Instead of innovating, bungie tried to copy COD with loadouts and jetpacks camps etc, and nearly killed competitive Halo. 343 took what was great about Halo CE, 2, 3 and made halo 5.:blessed:

While bungie went off and made scrubs games for players like you who need to level up and unlock rewards like COD to feel euphorbia, like a puppy needs a scooby snack. The competitive part of about Halo was made by accident.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I really feel bad for 343, man. They're in a no win situation. The fanbase of Halo really wants things one way (I remember people being mad that they added sprint), despite that fact that things have changed a TON since then.

They have to make games based around an art style from 2001, but still make a modern game.

They have to include gameplay that, at best, is similar to something from the mid 2000s, but doesn't feel old.

It's part of why Halo is secretly one of the hardest game series to get into. It seems like it's either a love or hate situation. No in between. And fans who have been along for the entire ride aren't the most welcoming.

Ultimately, when Infinite comes out, if they nail it, it'll get written off as "It's more Halo. If that sounds good to you, get it." If they get crazy with it, fans will shyt on it for not being Halo. It's almost a no win situation.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
343 made halo 5 which is better than all halo before it. Halo 2 was trash unless you played with MLG settings. Bungie designed halo 2 with dual welding as a priority and one flag/assault in mind. Halo 3 was the same trash as halo 2 with gimmicky equipment, trash hit registration and netcoding.

If you talmbout noob gametypes like one flag ctf on zanzibar, noob big team battle with warthogs then yeah I pray that 343 never recapture that impact. :blessed:

343 and Halo 5 proved that Halo have not plateaued. Instead of innovating, bungie tried to copy COD with loadouts and jetpacks camps etc, and nearly killed competitive Halo. 343 took what was great about Halo CE, 2, 3 and made halo 5.:blessed:

While bungie went off and made scrubs games for players like you who need to level up and unlock rewards like COD to feel euphorbia, like a puppy needs a scooby snack. The competitive part of about Halo was made by accident.
I mean that's nice I guess but Halo used to run the whole FPS world now motherfukkers running around playing Fortnite and wondering who the fukk masterchief is

that's a hell of a change. and shyt is never going back. even a good halo is just halo*