Bundas, Bribes and Brazucas - The Official Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread

Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im sorry but it would be a real travesty if FIFA actually bans Robben for these last games. You wanna see the best players in action in the final stages of the World Cup.

Just fine him or something.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is that in discussion or something?

Arjen Robben dive: Fifa can take action after admission of guilt
By Mike KeeganBBC Sport
Arjen Robben could face retrospective punishment from Fifa after the Netherlands winger admitted diving in their 2-1 World Cup win over Mexico.

The 30-year-old said he did not cheat to win a decisive injury-time penalty but told Dutch TV: "I apologise. In the first half I took a dive."

Furious Mexico coach Miguel Herrera accused Robben of diving three times.

Fifa, world football's governing body, states it can "sanction those who violate the principles of fair play".

That section of article 57 of Fifa's regulations comes into play after Robben admitted his guilt.

Continue reading the main story
“We must make use of the avenues already open to us and intervene after the event if necessary”

Sepp BlatterFifa President
Meanwhile, article 77 gives Fifa's disciplinary committee responsibility for "sanctioning serious infringements which have escaped the match officials' attention" and "rectifying obvious errors in the referee's disciplinary decisions".

In February, Fifa president Sepp Blatter called for retrospective action on players who dive, fake injuries and time waste.

He wrote in the organisation's monthly magazine: "Video evidence can be used for serious breaches of the principle of fair play such as brawling, spitting at opponents, verbal insults and racist slurs, or for incorrectly awarded red or yellow cards. In cases such as these we must make use of the avenues already open to us and intervene after the event if necessary.

_75932331_75932330.jpg

Robben was fouled for the decisive penalty in injury time

''In this context, we should include the faking of injury, intentional diving or time-wasting in our considerations."

Blatter expressed disappointment that existing bodies were not using the rules to take retrospective action.

In 2012 Fifa vice president Jim Boyce said that diving was becoming "a little bit of a cancer in the game".

Mr Boyce declined to comment when contacted by BBC Sport.

The Dutch FA, KNVB, have released a statement claiming Robben's comments were misinterpreted by the media and that he actually said he "fell too easily".

Robben is due to comment at a news conference later on Monday.

For the best of BBC Sport's in-depth content and analysis, go to ourfeatures and video page.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28089487

concise

Veteran
Daps
The way they are complaining about the heat in the Brazilian winter (obviously mild winter since it's near the equator), I don't see how they do that and keep players safe. But honestly it shouldn't even come down to player safety. Slaves are building those venues and dying. It was clearly bought with bribes and shady business practices. Those are reasons enough.

There's been talks of a re-vote later this year. We will see.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Nigeria gave Argentina some resistance but with the way France has been playing I can't see them holding up.

Algeria is gonna fold imo.

TommyHilltrigga

Here comes THE BOOM!
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/6/T'dot
I have a feeling Nigeria will make History.....they are going to play for the country since so much terrorist shyt has gone down in the last few years...i can bet you that is part of the motivation

its going to be a close game..

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Was down in Mexico the past few weeks gone off Don Julio with the locals. Imagine Miguel Hererra x100 in the bar I was at. They went ballistic against Croatia....sad to see em out. Better atmosphere than most NFL playoff games up here.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Debuchy :manny:

2022 World Cup is coming to the US but lets be real, there are going to be concerns about heat then too.

Fox having the World Cup is worrying. They experiment more and I have never been impressed with their sports production. They have 4 years to get their shyt together.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
was listening to the guardian podcast last night, first guest interview since the start of the cup where a guy was like "yeah we're gonna win no problem :birdman:" was the nigerian one before the FRANCE match :laugh: