Buffy the Vampire Slayer Appreciation

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Season 1-5 were all :whoo:

:dwillhuh: at people hating on season 5 and Dawn. Of course she "magically appeared"....she literally magically appeared. It was a spin on shows randomly introducing new characters with no back story. "Oh look the main character has an uncle/aunt/sister/whatever."

So they actually made a character with no back story because she didn't exist prior to that season. Was clever as fukk IMO.

The show fell off season 6-7 because Joss Whedon left to do "Firefly". Marti Noxon was left in charge and ran "Buffy" into the ground.

The reason "Angel" never had a dip in quality is because Whedon had the foresight to sent most of his best writers to that show. Of course he did this years before he knew he'd have to leave "Buffy" to do "Firefly", but it is what it is.

And yeah, "Angel" is classic. It's probably in my top 5 TV shows of all time.

Fred.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
The first 2 seasons look like doo-doo is because they were shot on 16mm film. The video quality dramatically improves with season 3 because they got a bigger budget & started shooting on 35mm film.

mmm-hmmm, seasons 2 & 3 of Buffy are the GOAT seasons of the entire Buffyverse. But I agree, "Angel" >>>>>>>>>>>>>> last 4 seasons of "Buffy". But, "Angel" and all 7 seasons of "Buffy" are debatable.

:ohhh:

i'll have to give it a shot after i catch up with being human.

Blaze007

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Buffy is one of the best shows ever. Angel is crack too but I prefer Buffy

Seasons 2, 3, and 5 were :blessed:

season 2 also had the best main villain

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Season 1-5 were all :whoo:

:dwillhuh: at people hating on season 5 and Dawn. Of course she "magically appeared"....she literally magically appeared. It was a spin on shows randomly introducing new characters with no back story. "Oh look the main character has an uncle/aunt/sister/whatever."

So they actually made a character with no back story because she didn't exist prior to that season. Was clever as fukk IMO.

The show fell off season 6-7 because Joss Whedon left to do "Firefly". Marti Noxon was left in charge and ran "Buffy" into the ground.

The reason "Angel" never had a dip in quality is because Whedon had the foresight to sent most of his best writers to that show. Of course he did this years before he knew he'd have to leave "Buffy" to do "Firefly", but it is what it is.

And yeah, "Angel" is classic. It's probably in my top 5 TV shows of all time.

Fred.

:whoa: after that epic season 3 finale u cant tell me that season 4 wasnt a step back in the franchise. they replaced angel with that simp boyfriend, they lost the goat chick in cordillia,and her best friend turned into a lesbo. It was weak as hell. I tried watching 5 but couldnt stand that shyt, especially with angel starting to hit its stride.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: after that epic season 3 finale u cant tell me that season 4 wasnt a step back in the franchise. they replaced angel with that simp boyfriend, they lost the goat chick in cordillia,and her best friend turned into a lesbo. It was weak as hell. I tried watching 5 but couldnt stand that shyt, especially with angel starting to hit its stride.

Season 4 was a step back but the show didn't really fall off until 6. Season 5 bounced right back to 1-3 IMO. You should watch the whole season 5.

Fred.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Buffy was a great show (especially the first 3 seasons and season 5). I also liked season 4 for the most part...I liked Riley and the Initiative storyline started strong and had potential but then it seemed like the writers changed direction in the middle of the season.
Those last two seasons were mostly mediocre with some really excellent episodes sprinkled in and the whole Buffy/Spike relationship was a clusterfukk of a mistake.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For a long time I was a Buffy stan, but when Faith came in the picture, I threw B in the bushes. :skip:

I always thought they should have done a spinoff with Eliza Dushku. :jawalrus:

After Buffy killed herself to save Sunnydale, and the show moved to UPN, it was never the same. But, it's still one of my GOAT shows. :salute:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
For a long time I was a Buffy stan, but when Faith came in the picture, I threw B in the bushes. :skip:

I always thought they should have done a spinoff with Eliza Dushku. :jawalrus:

After Buffy killed herself to save Sunnydale, and the show moved to UPN, it was never the same. But, it's still one of my GOAT shows. :salute:

I preferred Kendra. Even though she went out like a chump.

tumblr_m8ldnwp8eZ1qij1afo1_500.png

EDIT: I mean who I find attractive. Which you probably don't because you're a girl. Then again maybe you do :youngsabo:

Fred.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I went to make a buffy/angel appreciation thread, only to see that there was a buffy thread, at least.

shyt was Gamechanging and really put a permanent scar on pop culture.

I was a Buffy MARK at one point. I really don't understand how cats was waiting a full week between episodes. I could barely wait a whole 24 hours. Hell, there was a point where I was an hour late for my job every day because I refused to miss it.

I talk about it sometimes with a few folks, the fact that what made the show work so well was they made Buffy so fukked up, flawed and unlikeable.... and the rest of the cast shined on her.

And yeah, the show did fall off dramatically during the last two seasons. And I'll never forgive them for killing Anya just because.

Never.

Now, ANGEL, on the other hand......

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
I went to make a buffy/angel appreciation thread, only to see that there was a buffy thread, at least.

shyt was Gamechanging and really put a permanent scar on pop culture.

I was a Buffy MARK at one point. I really don't understand how cats was waiting a full week between episodes. I could barely wait a whole 24 hours. Hell, there was a point where I was an hour late for my job every day because I refused to miss it.

I talk about it sometimes with a few folks, the fact that what made the show work so well was they made Buffy so fukked up, flawed and unlikeable.... and the rest of the cast shined on her.

And yeah, the show did fall off dramatically during the last two seasons. And I'll never forgive them for killing Anya just because.

Never.

Now, ANGEL, on the other hand......

My dude i made the thread...hug me my fellow buffy/angel fan :yes:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I couldn't get into Angel when it was first airing. I didn't like the way the series felt during the majority of the first season. I only watched the entire run starting last year? TNT be having a nikka stuck while I'm at work. Anyway....

Damn that shyt was spectacular.

-It was about growing up and literally finding your way in the world. They even got corporate jobs once they got grown. And by "growing up" I mean Joss seemed to sit back and think of ways to fukk their lives up as much as inhumanly possible. Woe to a world where Joss Whedon is God.

-It was morally dark. Tackled stuff like the nature of evil, while Buffy was using magic as an analogy for drug abuse. That scene where Angel and Holland rode the elevator down to see the cause of all mankinds problems... their exchange and then the elevator door opened to reveal the parking lot and Holland was like "this is the source of mandkind's problems. Mankind." Soul crushing shyt, brehs.

-CORDELIA CHASE WAS fukkING KILLING IT. Jesus Christ those early seasons where all she wore was like... halter tops and dresses and halfway skimpy shyt. I just wanted to lick my TV screen.

-I was already a Leverage fan, so I was shocked to see Leverage's Elliot Spencer as Lindsey McDonald, minus like 100 pounds of muscle. Dude was the perfect foil for Angel. The power struggle between Lindsey, Angel and Lilah was entertaining as hell.

-Lilah. I loved Lilah. Such a complex character.

-How Wesley started out to who Wesley ended up as.

-JASMINE WAS RIGHT. I don't care. I would have found out Jasmine's favorite flavor of person and set up some breeding pens or something. I know she had to be stopped and all that, but... but..... Jasmine was Right. :to:

I didn't like Connor. I don't know anyone who did. But the eps with him getting his memory back were great.

I didn't like Fred, either. When I started warming up to her, those b*stards killed her.

I loved Illyria. lmao

I hate the show ended so abruptly. But then, I don't see how they were gonna pull off Joss' future plans for the show: Wolfram and Hart didn't take well to being screwed by Angel, they sent the whole of LA into hell. Gunn was a vampire and the big bad for the next season, Angel was human but kept up the facade with healing spells, Wesley was an undead ghost and Angel's liaison with Wolfram and Hart, LA was divided up into sections and ruled by different demons and cast members. Angel was still fated to destroy the world.