Bryce Young official height: 5'10" Are you concerned?

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Can he? There's a difference between being short and small. Russel Wilson is short but isn't small at all. He's stocky and built for the punishment. I kinda think Bryce is just small and doesn't have the frame to get to 220.
I don't think he needs to get 220, I think 200-205 is good enough. Just going by appearance he's in the 170-180 range.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It will be interesting...

The reactions to all the rookie QBs has been very weird, two weeks into the season. In what world where any of these guys expected to step in and look great? Stroud looked bad in week one, made a lot of progress yesterday. Richardson looked solid until the injury. Bryce has struggled but seems to have less help than the other QBs.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
The reactions to all the rookie QBs has been very weird, two weeks into the season. In what world where any of these guys expected to step in and look great? Stroud looked bad in week one, made a lot of progress yesterday. Richardson looked solid until the injury. Bryce has struggled but seems to have less help than the other QBs.

I'm rooting for em. Niccas need at least a yr or two to properly gauge. But if you are gonna pile, might as well justly do it for all.

In this particular situation though, his height was always gonna be spooky. I feel like he is damn near shorter than Russ fr and he's damn near an anomaly besides a goat like Drew Brees.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Mayfield and Herbert have distorted peoples expectations of rookie QBs. You would think Lawrence progression after a bad year one would have re-affirmed that these youngins need time but people are right back to being overly critical of these guys.

Daps
Three brehs.....of course they're going to get criticized even more than normal...and NFL QBs get lots of heat.

Bryce's height wouldn't be an issue if he was built heavy but he's much smaller than Russ and not as freaky athletically as Kyler, Vick, Lamar etc. It's hard to be short and slight at QB.

Imagine Myles Garrett, Micah Parsons, Aaron Donald etc., getting a clean lick on this dude :sadcam: .

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm rooting for em. Niccas need at least a yr or two to properly gauge. But if you are gonna pile, might as well justly do it for all.

In this particular situation though, his height was always gonna be spooky. I feel like he is damn near shorter than Russ fr and he's damn near an anomaly besides a goat like Drew Brees.
He's gonna need to know the playbook inside and out and be able to read defenses at the LOS. I thought he had a great feel at Bama so I believe in him but he's definitely gonna need to live in the film room.

If he can't see all the windows as the play unfolds, he needs to anticipate ahead of time. Carolina definitely needs to get him a #1 WR in next year's draft though that's gonna be tough without their first.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Brees is the comparison you want to make with Bryce but it took him four years before he had a breakthrough.

Basically sat his entire rookie year, then his first two years starting weren't very good.

Of course, that was a different time. Young will need to develop quicker.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He's gonna need to know the playbook inside and out and be able to read defenses at the LOS. I thought he had a great feel at Bama so I believe in him but he's definitely gonna need to live in the film room.

If he can't see all the windows as the play unfolds, he needs to anticipate ahead of time. Carolina definitely needs to get him a #1 WR in next year's draft though that's gonna be tough without their first.
Gonna be hard to get a WR1 without a first rounded
Not impossible but they tend to fly off the board in round 1 nowadays

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

You just gotta hope this year doesn't kill his confidence now.

And obviously there needs to be some promise shown, even if it's just glimpses. Can't be looking like a deer in headlights perpetually, not knowing how/when to slide, lining up under wrong O-lineman, falling down after a finger tackle as someone put it.

Look like he playing a diff game out there for now. Ain't got that talent advantage of his team (Bama) just overwhelming the other at almost every position.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Mayfield and Herbert have distorted peoples expectations of rookie QBs. You would think Lawrence progression after a bad year one would have re-affirmed that these youngins need time but people are right back to being overly critical of these guys.
Plus with Lawrence there was the benefit of the doubt, given his talent and dealing with one of the worst coaches ever hired in the NFL. I remember being concerned that Urban may have fukked his development but he turned out very well in year 2 with a superior coaching staff.

I feel good about all three rookie's coaches. We already know the second phase of this is to get them more weapons, and I think each dude will be fine.