Bryce Harper Wore A Sixers Jersey To Game 7 Carrying On This City’s Tradition Of Game 7 Choke Artists-The Official 2023-24Sixers Season Thread

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
What is this team missing? I know they had a winning streak but something is missing

Maxey + a legit rebounder

When he comes back either he or Melton will be scoring off the bench helping our bench scoring tremendously.

and I'd like to get another rebounder. Giving up 2nd chance opportunities/rebounding is still our biggest weakness. Trez is whatever...Bball Paul is effective against certain teams but not sure if he's gonna be dependable night in night out in the postseason.

Look how many times Tobias/PJ get out rebounded when Embiid steps up to contest. If Embiid doesnt contest then people gonna say he's a lazy defender. Its a lose/lose situation for him

Thats pretty much it

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
Maxey + a legit rebounder

When he comes back either he or Melton will be scoring off the bench helping our bench scoring tremendously.

and I'd like to get another rebounder. Giving up 2nd chance opportunities/rebounding is still our biggest weakness. Trez is whatever...Bball Paul is effective against certain teams but not sure if he's gonna be dependable night in night out in the postseason.

Look how many times Tobias/PJ get out rebounded when Embiid steps up to contest. If Embiid doesnt contest then people gonna say he's a lazy defender. Its a lose/lose situation for him

Thats pretty much it

That’s the narrative I’ve been seeing on Facebook. I mean there are plays were Embiid takes plays off. He will literally just be standing around and not stepping up to rebound or contest. However a lot more often it’s Tobias or PJ getting out worked. Melton and Embiid sometimes Harden and Tybulle are the only ones I see hustling for boards. We need to ship House and Korkmaz for pf that can take some of PJ’s minutes. PJ really won’t show his true value until the playoffs.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
That’s the narrative I’ve been seeing on Facebook. I mean there are plays were Embiid takes plays off. He will literally just be standing around and not stepping up to rebound or contest. However a lot more often it’s Tobias or PJ getting out worked. Melton and Embiid sometimes Harden and Tybulle are the only ones I see hustling for boards. We need to ship House and Korkmaz for pf that can take some of PJ’s minutes. PJ really won’t show his true value until the playoffs.

Yeah I aint gonna shyt on PJ too bad, bc I know he's really only here to show up in the postseason...thats why I said he's whatever to me.

There will be alot of sellers in a few weeks with teams tanking for Wemby. I think we can grab someone by the deadline. It will be another arms race this season.

I dont know how legit the 'Tobias to the Knicks' rumors were...that was kinda random, but it is the Knicks so I kinda believe it lol

I dont think House+Korkmaz will net us back anything in return tho :snoop:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
nH4n7VH.png

@jdashmaj small sample size, but that Offensive Rating actually improved with Melton in the lineup

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I really think we may be better off keeping him in the starting lineup :yeshrug: . Idk if that means when Maxey comes back he becomes our 6th man or if we just play all 3 guards and let Tucker come off the bench.

The problem with playing all three guards and bringing in Tucker is that Harris refuses to box out

I think we should experiment with it and see if we can still outscore teams but its gonna be ugly as fukk with people getting put back dunks everywhere

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
The problem with playing all three guards and bringing in Tucker is that Harris refuses to box out

I think we should experiment with it and see if we can still outscore teams but its gonna be ugly as fukk with people getting put back dunks everywhere
Yeah that has been the Harris problem forever. I would say they should try to play Reed more alongside Biid at times but he fouls so much. The I think the biggest problem with playing all 3 guards is the defense. Both Harden and Maxey give up so many points, it’s crazy that Melton other than Embiid seems to be the most aggressive trying to board most nights.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Yeah that has been the Harris problem forever. I would say they should try to play Reed more alongside Biid at times but he fouls so much. The I think the biggest problem with playing all 3 guards is the defense. Both Harden and Maxey give up so many points, it’s crazy that Melton other than Embiid seems to be the most aggressive trying to board most nights.

Harris clearly hates lifting. Most guys with his body type in the league as long as him with professional training and nutrition would be physically stronger by now.

Reed absolutely should play alongside Embiid more. Thats not a starting line up. I dont care about the fouls. Hes got six fouls. Its not like you can carry them over.

If we were rebounding Id be ok with the poor defense because I think that line up can out score any team in the league shot attempt for shot attempt. But if they get second chances and we dont then its blown.