Bryce Harper Wore A Sixers Jersey To Game 7 Carrying On This City’s Tradition Of Game 7 Choke Artists-The Official 2023-24Sixers Season Thread

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
It’s the slow pace that makes it dull to watch.

Nah..

It's the lack of branching decision making

They run those stupid dribble hand offs and PNRs around the top of the three point line and if it doesn't work they take a contested three

There were a couple instances in today's game of fluid playmaking below the three point line but I suspected that might have been by accident not design

With several multi dimensional offensive threats I think we should see more read based offense and less scripting

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
I seent that

It's crazy because I hate our offense lol

They do move the ball.. in reality what they miss is someone who can consistently knock down a mid range jay and drive and finish with no problem

If Ben could do that they are perfect but otherwise they jack 3s and pray Tobias doesn't turn back into Casper .

They play kind of dumb at times..
I thought Doc would fix this.. It's mostly veterans on the team

I was wrong even Kyle lowery would've been a big help to this team .. Chris Paul would've done wonders..

Last edited:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
They do move the ball.. in reality what they miss is someone who can consistently knock down a mid range jay and drive the basket and finish .

If Ben could do that they are perfect but otherwise they jack 3s and pray Tobias doesn't turn back into Casper

They move the ball around the perimeter yes.

They have worked out a few methods to pass the ball into the post but these are woefully lacking and cause Embiid to have to exert an undue amount of energy to screen off his man and secure the pass.

In these cases, simply running an off ball screen set for Embiid is the obvious answer. However this often leads to a double team because the screener's man cheats off.

In a multi read offense, the off ball screener could then pop or dive and become a target but instead in the Sixers offense they would just force the ball to Embiid and have the screener clear out. This is my first issue.

My second issue is that while the offense does use ball movement and screens to create some outside shots, it does nothing to create driving lanes.

Maxey has been able to get to the hoop because his speed allows him to "round the corner" using oblique angles to drive

But both he, Shake, Harris and (last season) Simmons would clearly benefit from on and off ball double screens or Warriors style corner pin downs to create more obvious and direct points of attack to the hoop.

These would have the further benefit of making the opposing center consider coming off Embiid to defend the hoop, leaving the alley oop available.

You see some of this stuff happen when Shake runs the offense because he clearly doesn't give a fukk what Doc says and will just do his own thing. But the rest of the guys defer, understandably, to the coach and it is limiting them.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Im "taking the season off" but i snuck and peeped this one
giphy.gif

And Im watching the trash Chicago broadcast
they some dikkeaters