Bruhs I started working at this UPS job as a side hustle

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
You working in the ups warehouse¿!?:picard: my condolences I did the driver's helper and that shyt was hard asf back in day...
Driver helper was my first job, I fukked w it but then they offered me warehouse at the end of the season… I knew at 18 it was some bullshyt and said nope :mjlol:

I went on the tour, no cellphones allowed on you, had to be scanned, they described the harsh work conditions, I was like is this prison? :dahell:

Daps
Back in like '96, about five other guys and me were going to get second jobs at a UPS clone called RPS. We did the orientation and everything. When we got off our 2nd shyt jobs and saw how they were slinging those boxes in those trucks, four of us walked right out. We saw both of the dudes who stayed the next day. Dudes was hurtin' something serious.

MikeyK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP aint lyin.

Spent the lockdown teaching myself coding but when that government money was ending I had to get something. Thought the short shifts would be easy while I looked for a developer job. I was loading and doing irregs. There was at least 2-4 people doing irregs but after christmas I was doing it by myself :sadcam:
Wasn't until they sent me to help other sections that I realized I was at the worst one. Once the supervisors heard where I came from they'd just look at me like :huhldup:and say sorry.

Finally got a job at a bank but had to wait 3 weeks before I started. Was gonna quit ups right away but only had a few more shifts before I got a $750 retention bonus. Lord knows I tried but I couldn't take that shyt. Just got up and left one day. Couple managers chased me out the building trying to intimidate me into staying but I said fukk that and left. Checked my phone and my supervisor texted me saying don't bother coming back, we don't need you.

That nikka needed all the help in the world. :lolbron:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
My homie has been a package handler for UPS since 2000 . Told me things started getting better for him about ten years in. Getting past that "part time" tier despite clocking overtime up the ass was huge. As well as having the Union on his side.

He's done other positions there but he's content with still being a handler. Just hope he can make it to 30 years and retire :lupe: