Bruce Lee was so fast some of his moves couldn't be seen on film til slowed down..

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the legacy of Bruce Lee is more than fighting. He inspired people, uplifted them, he's such a cultural symbol all over the world. What he did in terms of media portrayal during his time was never seen before. His movies were one of a kind in Hollywood. He was a great philosopher and teacher. As for fighting abilities, he's obviously very physically gifted, but it's hard to say who he can beat nowadays and who can beat him. It's a bit foolish to compare. Fighting and martial arts was just a part of his legacy.

Also I think Chuck Norris said those things after Bruce Lee died which makes it even stupider.

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
I don't know man. The way Chuck said that sh*t sounded real genuine. Like it was common knowledge in the fighting community that Bruce would get that work against a pro.

:manny:

The world needs legends though...

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
I swear people want to believe he was some mystical super human so badly.:heh:

He was one of the best showmen that's for sure, got all these dummies decades later thinking he was something he was not.:mjlol:
I don't know that much about Bruce Lee so I can't offer an opinion on his 'feats', and while I respect great fighting men, I'm not in awe of them. To do so is to be defeatist.

That being said there are certain men that are capable of... "superhuman" feats. I don't buy into the chakra/chi/lifeforce mysticism crap but certain men are capable of things most other men would consider "superhuman".
Maybe Bruce was such a one. I know another man named Mike Echanis was.

For example Mike Echanis once had a Jeep driven over his abdomen. He got up and there was nothing wrong with him. He would also suspend a 30 pound bucket of water from a steel spoke shoved in the flesh of his neck and swing it around.

Like I said, it's probably nothing mystical, just years and years of cultivating your willpower and concentration. I suspect every human has that potential, but only a few have to the motivation to put in the work.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
what are you using wikipedia? :heh:
i just posted a video of him in an actual tournament not those demonstrations he did after he became world famous.
and that fight with wong man jack lasted 5 minutes. how the fukk could nikkas fight for real for an hour? :wtff:
I'll tell you how impossible that is. find a video, any video, of an hour long fight.
i'll wait.
Didn't boxing matches last for hours back in the day?

But yea, that looked like Bruce using Wing Chin... Which he was not the best at. He didn't like the artform, it was too form heavy for regiular street fights, despite the movies making it look precise and efficient when IP used it, I'm sure it didn't go that way for most people including Bruce...

Bruce eventually studied boxing, fencing, etc., to create his own style which suited him more.. But this is common knowledge.

Whether or not Bruce will be know. As being the greatest fighter ever, no one can say. But he should be a pioneer as far as MMA is concerned and a legit legend in the martial arts world

usopp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
syrup village
I don't know that much about Bruce Lee so I can't offer an opinion on his 'feats', and while I respect great fighting men, I'm not in awe of them. To do so is to be defeatist.

That being said there are certain men that are capable of... "superhuman" feats. I don't buy into the chakra/chi/lifeforce mysticism crap but certain men are capable of things most other men would consider "superhuman".
Maybe Bruce was such a one. I know another man named Mike Echanis was.

For example Mike Echanis once had a Jeep driven over his abdomen. He got up and there was nothing wrong with him. He would also suspend a 30 pound bucket of water from a steel spoke shoved in the flesh of his neck and swing it around.

Like I said, it's probably nothing mystical, just years and years of cultivating your willpower and concentration. I suspect every human has that potential, but only a few have to the motivation to put in the work.
Mike used his mind and breathing techniques to do those things. CIA killed that dude for making himself known to the public. :ninja1: