šŸ’°šŸ’° Bronny signs 4 year. $7.9 million deal. Lakers confirm he earned everything his way

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Rich Paul:

"We'd love Bronny to play in Summer League, but ultimately we have to do what's best for our client, and we feel focusing on learning the intricacies of the Lakers offense is what's best for him. Not Summer League."
Bronny is already set to play
in the California classic and Summer league

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's fascinating to observe the difference between the Knicks and Lakers. The Knicks fanbase has so little time for false idols - they just want a team that's a real deal contender and (maybe more importantly) actually fun to invest time and energy in watching. The Lakers - the far more successful franchise - have been hijacked by an increasingly megalomaniacal star and inherited his stanbase, and are stuck with a product that isn't at all fun to watch and a team where one figure's legacy has supplanted team success as the focus.

Long time Lakers fans have to be in hell.

:russ::russ::russ:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
So how about you just actually watch him play :dahell:

You didnā€™t watch him in HS or College but think people just blindly hating on himā€¦
NO nikka I never said y'all were blindly hating

I just said I wasn't gonna hate on the deal because I didn't watch him play

See how important reading is? Im telling you I'm not gonna draw a conclusion on the brother yet because I didn't watch it myself, isn't that the right thing to do? I wanna see how he looks with actual NBA training and players around.

Y'all want everyone to have extreme opinions so bad :heh: terrible conversation skills

Last edited:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Nothing special about the contract itself (multiple low 2nd rounders have gotten it) - getting that guarantee is just a reflection if the franchise fukks with you or not. Obviously the lakers didnā€™t have much of a choice with respect to that

The real question is if heā€™s the least deserving end of bench guy to get guaranteed bread. Iā€™d say Thanasis deserves his more just for living in abject poverty in Greece. Thereā€™s probably someone worse than Bronny but I canā€™t think who

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
šŸ’°
You and your seed signing 2 multi million dollar deals on the same day :wow:

2012 - Lebron and Rich form Klutch
2020 - Rich is on UTAs Board of Directors
2021 - Lebron signs Nike lifetime deal
2024 - Bronny drafted
2026 - Bryce drafted
2027 - Bron retires, buys the new NBA expansion team in Vegas

ā€œRob and I did not give Bronny anything. Bronny has earned this, right?ā€ Redikk said. ā€œBronny talks about his hard work, Bronny has earned this through hard work. And for us prioritizing player development, we view Bronny as, like, case study one, because his base level of feel, athleticism, point-of-attack defender, shooting, passing ā€¦ thereā€™s a lot to like about his game. And as we sort of build out our player development program holistically, heā€™s going to have a great opportunity to become an excellent NBA player.ā€

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

They be talkin about this little nikka like they found him in dumpster and enrolled him in A Better Chance. "Wait until you see what this guy can do with access to resources" GTFOH HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Arguably no player in the history of mankind to date has had access to better resources his entire life, both in terms of opportunity and training.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
It's fascinating to observe the difference between the Knicks and Lakers. The Knicks fanbase has so little time for false idols - they just want a team that's a real deal contender and (maybe more importantly) actually fun to invest time and energy in watching. The Lakers - the far more successful franchise - have been hijacked by an increasingly megalomaniacal star and inherited his stanbase, and are stuck with a product that isn't at all fun to watch and a team where one figure's legacy has supplanted team success as the focus.

Long time Lakers fans have to be in hell.

:russ::russ::russ:

šŸ˜„

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
šŸ’°
You and your seed signing 2 multi million dollar deals on the same day :wow:

2012 - Lebron and Rich form Klutch
2020 - Rich is on UTAs Board of Directors
2021 - Lebron signs Nike lifetime deal
2024 - Bronny drafted
2026 - Bryce drafted
2027 - Bron retires, buys the new NBA expansion team in Vegas

ā€œRob and I did not give Bronny anything. Bronny has earned this, right?ā€ Redikk said. ā€œBronny talks about his hard work, Bronny has earned this through hard work. And for us prioritizing player development, we view Bronny as, like, case study one, because his base level of feel, athleticism, point-of-attack defender, shooting, passing ā€¦ thereā€™s a lot to like about his game. And as we sort of build out our player development program holistically, heā€™s going to have a great opportunity to become an excellent NBA player.ā€

Went from Goatmane to Goat James :wow:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
NO nikka I never said y'all were blindly hating

I just said I wasn't gonna hate on the deal because I didn't watch him play

See how important reading is? Im telling you I'm not gonna draw a conclusion on the brother yet because I didn't watch it myself, isn't that the right thing to do? I wanna see how he looks with actual NBA training and players around.

Y'all want everyone to have extreme opinions so bad :heh: terrible conversation skills
:comeon:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
How does this compare to other 2nd round contracts?

My ONLY problem with this whole situation is the BLATANT lying. He earned that spot? He earned that contract? Lebron setting his kid up with a roster spot and a 4 year deal is cool, but donā€™t be acting like he earned that shyt.
No outrage for AJ Johnson getting drafted 1st round 23rd pick? :mjlol: