BRONNY JAMES IS A LAKER?

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps

Breh scored 7 in clutch time of a close game with elite talent on the floor, played defense and got boards. I don't even think he's a lotto pick but the hate just cause of his name is goofy.

11 points, 4 rebounds (including the one that sealed the game), 1 block, 1 steal. Came off the bench but closed the game.

In 21 mins

Not bad at all :ehh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
So y'all went from Jrue comps to "High Level" Role players, for a lotto pick :dead:
Class is weak enough where a Caruso type would go top 15. At least thats what some draft people are guessing. The "elite" guards outside of Collier dont have one elite skill.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Class is weak enough where a Caruso type would go top 15. At least thats what some draft people are guessing. The "elite" guards outside of Collier dont have one elite skill.

While the HS class is weak, you cannot predict a draft's strength so early. Sophomores will take leaps, international guys will surface, etc

I've seen classes billed as strong become weak vice versa

And Bronny will have to shoot at least 35% on volume from 3 or the whole Melton/Caruso archetype talk sinks before you even get to that point.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Bronny actually produces pretty well in these all star games

He's just not a take over kind of player or ball dominant

It's gonna be really interesting to see where he goes next year and what they will expect or ask of him.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Bronny’s shooting is being overblown. If you’re not dynamic enough to run point (he’s not) not many teams are playing a 6’3 guard at the 2 just for his shooting.

The Deanthony Melton comp is spot on. And Deanthony meltons fall thru the cracks all the time. He lucked up to go to Memphis where all their bench guys got a chance to shine. Other guys in other situations fade away.

Bronny is a reminder that there may not be a more crowded archetype in all of sports than the 6’3 and under guard. At every level you can find one. Bruh you gotta be ELITE to make it as a small guard. Bronny is not elite

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Johnathan givony is getting paid. There is no way in hell Bronny is a lottery pick

People are falling for that Draymond garbage and fantasizing about the idea of the ‘deluxe role player’. Please gtfoh with that.

You find that guy in the damn G league not the lottery.

Also for a little perspective, look at the guards on the WORST teams in the league

Houston- KP and Jalen
Pistons- Jaden Hardy
Magic- Suggs, Fultz, Anthony
Pacers- Haliburton, Buddy, Mathurin
Hornets- Lamelo, Rosier

And if you’re a team like the spurs who have no guards, imagine you’re stuck with Bronny as your PG. You’d cry. He’s not a difference maker I’m a bit tired of people conflating having basic level skills with ‘let’s the game come to him, high IQ’.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Bronny’s shooting is being overblown. If you’re not dynamic enough to run point (he’s not) not many teams are playing a 6’3 guard at the 2 just for his shooting.

The Deanthony Melton comp is spot on. And Deanthony meltons fall thru the cracks all the time. He lucked up to go to Memphis where all their bench guys got a chance to shine. Other guys in other situations fade away.

Bronny is a reminder that there may not be a more crowded archetype in all of sports than the 6’3 and under guard. At every level you can find one. Bruh you gotta be ELITE to make it as a small guard. Bronny is not elite

I don't know why brehs just want to ignore his size. If he was 6'6 you pencil him in as a lotto pick with a 10 year career, but he's 6'2. I had him early with a Caruso comp, but he stopped growing. Caruso 6'5 with the strength to match up with any wing in the league. A 6'2/6'3 Caruso would be in Europe right now. Saying that I wish the future Trojan the best, he can be a college Caruso :ehh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I don't know why brehs just want to ignore his size. If he was 6'6 you pencil him in as a lotto pick with a 10 year career, but he's 6'2. I had him early with a Caruso comp, but he stopped growing. Caruso 6'5 with the strength to match up with any wing in the league. A 6'2/6'3 Caruso would be in Europe right now. Saying that I wish the future Trojan the best, he can be a college Caruso :ehh:
Caruso is 6'4"

However, he is strong as hell. He had 4 years of college strength + grown man strength by the time he made a name for himself. So its asking a lot.

I actually think Bronny could be really good if he played 3 years in college. But Bron not letting that happen so its just a question if he's closer to 6'4", not 6'2" and if he can really shoot it consistently.

Defensive instincts are definitely there.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Caruso is 6'4"

However, he is strong as hell. He had 4 years of college strength + grown man strength by the time he made a name for himself. So its asking a lot.

I actually think Bronny could be really good if he played 3 years in college. But Bron not letting that happen so its just a question if he's closer to 6'4", not 6'2" and if he can really shoot it consistently.

Defensive instincts are definitely there.

Whatever Caruso is, is noticeably bigger then Bronny. I know camera angels and all that, but doesn't look close

USATSI_16152861_168386351_lowres-scaled-e1622592396197.jpg

zsertytbptosovuu_1593153907.jpeg

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Johnathan givony is getting paid. There is no way in hell Bronny is a lottery pick

People are falling for that Draymond garbage and fantasizing about the idea of the ‘deluxe role player’. Please gtfoh with that.

You find that guy in the damn G league not the lottery.

Also for a little perspective, look at the guards on the WORST teams in the league

Houston- KP and Jalen
Pistons- Jaden Hardy
Magic- Suggs, Fultz, Anthony
Pacers- Haliburton, Buddy, Mathurin
Hornets- Lamelo, Rosier

And if you’re a team like the spurs who have no guards, imagine you’re stuck with Bronny as your PG. You’d cry. He’s not a difference maker I’m a bit tired of people conflating having basic level skills with ‘let’s the game come to him, high IQ’.

I think the appeal of Bronny is his marketability and star power obviously based off his name.

And then there’s his upside and IQ

You know he’s gonna be a hard worker and get better fast.

PLUS if he gets any more taller and bigger with those Bron genes kicking in when he gets older and in his prime he might become a monster :damn:

Just look at what deaaron fox and Shai turned into basically overnight :manny:

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area

Breh scored 7 in clutch time of a close game with elite talent on the floor, played defense and got boards. I don't even think he's a lotto pick but the hate just cause of his name is goofy.

11 points, 4 rebounds (including the one that sealed the game), 1 block, 1 steal. Came off the bench but closed the game.

i can see him playing the Paxson/Ron Harper role on a championship team