BrightBurn Discussion Thread (James Gunn, Elizabeth Banks, Memorial Day)

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched this on Starz as well

I agree with most of the criticisms here. Should’ve had more build up to him turning evil or at least some conflict. Dude was like a reverse Mary Sue. He basically had no obstacles throughout the movie and just destroyed everything, removing any tension. They should’ve done more with the material that made him bleed as I guess that was his “kryptonite.” Some cool death scenes but for the most part this felt like a great premise that was wasted

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Watched this on Starz as well

I agree with most of the criticisms here. Should’ve had more build up to him turning evil or at least some conflict. Dude was like a reverse Mary Sue. He basically had no obstacles throughout the movie and just destroyed everything, removing any tension. They should’ve done more with the material that made him bleed as I guess that was his “kryptonite.” Some cool death scenes but for the most part this felt like a great premise that was wasted

The movie had a great idea and premise, but it felt like was some sort of rough draft how it got filmed. I wont be surprised if another director takes this idea and makes a better film.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Not worth watching in theaters but was a good home movie. I agree with y'all it couldve been more build up to him being evil and they couldve explained the bleeding thing and maybe explained his origin a bit. Was 7/10 overall.

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
Just read the comic American alien, volume one had a lot of bright burn vibes