Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
That opening was so ill :whew:

That would be a pretty good opening credits sequence for a TV series.

Edit: I’m going to need those Orcs to have Blood Lust addiction with PCP

That was kind of the plot of the Alien Nation movie (as opposed to the TV series).
In the movie version, the slave class of aliens were controlled by their overseers who kept them addicted to drugs. The Aliens all covered up this part of their past from the humans. After the ship crashed on Earth one of the former alien slaves figures out how to synthesize the alien drugs and becomes a crime lord. When the cops are coming for him he intentionally takes an overdose, which makes him get super strong and go into some kind of berserk rage.

When they came out with the TV version, they "softened" up the story a little by saying that the overseers controlled the slaves using gas instead of drug addiction.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
That would be a pretty good opening credits sequence for a TV series.

That was kind of the plot of the Alien Nation movie (as opposed to the TV series).
In the movie version, the slave class of aliens were controlled by their overseers who kept them addicted to drugs. The Aliens all covered up this part of their past from the humans. After the crash one Earth one of the former alien slaves figures out how to synthesize the alien drugs and becomes a crime lord. When the cops are coming for him he intentionally takes an overdose, which makes him get super strong and go into some kind of berserk rage.

When they came out with the TV version, they "softened" up the story a little by saying that the overseers controlled the slaves using gas instead of drug addiction.
:ohhh: look like im going to have to binge on Alien Nation. Good info drop.

Daps
At one point in the film someone mentions that Brights are rare, but most of them tend to be Elves. Someone else mentions that Human's can be Brights but it's a 1 in a million thing.

Also remember the the crazy guy they arrested in the street that was swinging a sword around? At one point that guy is speaking Orkish and he mentions a prophecy that involves the two of them and that Will Smith's character is "Blessed", basically implying that he's secretly a Bright.

They laid a lot of groundwork and I wont be surprised if it ends up being a trilogy.
Yep hoping a sequel is green lit soon...

Daps
Believe critics at your own risk brehs...

The studio owns them and they're upset that Netflix is taking people away from cable which is where they make their bread from
Yep and people forget this can be a free movie just by signing up for netflix... man got this the ski mask way so a good free movie before xmas i cant complain at all..

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
All my coli nikkaz saying it's tuff And all my real nikkaz saying it's tuff I might have to check this out then
I don’t really do alien movies or magic . I never checked a Star Wars. Never watched Harry Potter or anything like that . This movie is the shyt . Even the cinematography was on point . Some of the shoot out scenes and fights scenes are HARD :wow:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
I don’t really do alien movies or magic . I never checked a Star Wars. Never watched Harry Potter or anything like that . This movie is the shyt . Even the cinematography was on point . Some of the shoot out scenes and fights scenes are HARD :wow:
Oh shyt I'm the same way I don't fukk star wats none of that shyt....watching it now and I'm feeling the plot