Bright (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer) thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was actually pretty fukking entertaining for what it is.

Will Smith plays cops perfectly.

Only gripe I really have is, I thought it ended kinda abruptly.

One question I have is...

How was he able to use the wand?

At one point in the film someone mentions that Brights are rare, but most of them tend to be Elves. Someone else mentions that Human's can be Brights but it's a 1 in a million thing.

Also remember the the crazy guy they arrested in the street that was swinging a sword around? At one point that guy is speaking Orkish and he mentions a prophecy that involves the two of them and that Will Smith's character is "Blessed", basically implying that he's secretly a Bright.

They laid a lot of groundwork and I wont be surprised if it ends up being a trilogy.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn’t fully deliver on its great premise and some of the jokes (a lot of which I’m assuming were adlibs) fell flat but overall I enjoyed this and would love to see a tv series that goes deeper into the history. The way critics are shytting on this (one dude said this was the worst movie of 2017 :mindblown:) has me wondering if some big studio execs worried about Netflix coming up with big budget movies made a phone call to critics

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was decent. The Orc police officer's acting carried the movie. I guess that one FBI nikka is a Dwarf, they need to go deeper into the Dwarfs and the mythology in the sequel.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
man, that movie left zero impact on me. it's a 5/10 pure middle of the road mediocrity. ambitious, but stupid.

I did like the Orc way more than Will though.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Didn’t fully deliver on its great premise and some of the jokes (a lot of which I’m assuming were adlibs) fell flat but overall I enjoyed this and would love to see a tv series that goes deeper into the history. The way critics are shytting on this (one dude said this was the worst movie of 2017 :mindblown:) has me wondering if some big studio execs worried about Netflix coming up with big budget movies made a phone call to critics
1408.gif

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
not tryna nitpick or dap pander, but I noticed one of the elves with Noomie was asian and you really don't see any dark/brown skin elves in the entire movie. also, the magic bureau elf dude was played by edgar martinez of Jason Bourne fame. so we can have asian looking elves and hispanic looking elves but no elves with melanin?

I just thought it was funny that's all :manny:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not tryna nitpick or dap pander, but I noticed one of the elves with Noomie was asian and you really don't see any dark/brown skin elves in the entire movie. also, the magic bureau elf dude was played by edgar martinez of Jason Bourne fame. so we can have asian looking elves and hispanic looking elves but no elves with melanin?

I just thought it was funny that's all :manny:

The elves were pretty much rich upper class people so....:yeshrug: