Bride breaks down in tears after discovering wedding cake is made of styrofoam

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That might have been possible except the caterer didn't deliver ANY food to the reception and a half fake cake.

This wasn't some mistake, that's a straight scam :mjlol:
Caterers don't ever prepare both Baking & Pastry items and Hot Foods. What restaurant makes wedding cakes and dinner entrees? :mjlol:
Even a large Banquet Centre has to source to at least two different places when providing food for a wedding. I doubt the people who make the wedding cake have anything to do with any of the other food. Unless you think people store fish and meat in bakeries. The only way it's possible for both types of food to be in the same place is in a large 5 star resort. And even the resort will have two different teams of people handling baking versus cooking dinner items.

A kitchen for meant for baking is entirely differently equipped than one for dinner items. It would be impractical for some small business in Thailand or wherever this is to be equipped for both on a commercial scale. When is the last time you went to a steak house and saw a giant mixer or a bunch of cooling racks and bread boxes?

Last edited:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm sorry but :laff:I bet it was caused by the husband trying to save money

The newlyweds were forced to visit a restaurant across the road to purchase trays of noodles, rice and other food which they brought to their reception, held at a local hotel.

The exhausted bride was devastated to be serving greasy street food and blackcurrant squash to her guests, but once she went to cut the cake it went from bad to worse when Ms Tamayo sliced through the icing, she discovered it had been stuffed with polystyrene.

Caterer deserves to be stomped out for that

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Caterers don't ever prepare both Baking & Pastry items and Hot Foods. What restaurant makes wedding cakes and dinner entrees? :mjlol:
Even a large Banquet Centre has to source to at least two different places when providing food for a wedding. I doubt the people who make the wedding cake have anything to do with any of the other food. Unless you think people store fish and meat in bakeries. The only way it's possible for both types of food to be in the same place is in a large 5 star resort. And even the resort will have two different teams of people handling baking versus cooking dinner items.

A kitchen for meant for baking is entirely differently equipped than one for dinner items. It would be impractical for some small business in Thailand or wherever this is to be equipped for both on a commercial scale. When is the last time you went to a steak house and saw a giant mixer or a bunch of cooling racks and bread boxes?
breh what are you talking about? The caterer in the story was in charge of all the food arrangement. She didn't deliver on any of it. :dahell:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Man, some people on this site will fight tooth and nail even if they know they are wrong:mjlol:
:laff::laff:that whole exchange had me like :dwillhuh: bc the article literally says
"The newlyweds were forced to visit a restaurant across the road to purchase trays of noodles, rice and other food which they brought to their reception, held at a local hotel.
The exhausted bride was devastated to be serving greasy street food and blackcurrant squash to her guests" so it's obvious the caterer was supposed to provide the main entrée food items AND the cake. If they didn't come through on the main dishes, they you know the cake was absolutely on some shyt that was done on purpose.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
breh what are you talking about? The caterer in the story was in charge of all the food arrangement. She didn't deliver on any of it. :dahell:
A caterer provides the food and all the accompanying accouterments. They are responsible for organizing everything. They even prepare the entree's or whatever items on the menu. But go online to any catering business website and see if they have wedding cakes on their catering menu. They won't because they don't often make wedding cakes. They usually they arrange for a wedding cake to made. All the caterer would do is pick up the cake and deliver it to the venue. and set up the serving utensils and plates and everything for it.

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
:laff::laff:that whole exchange had me like :dwillhuh: bc the article literally says
"The newlyweds were forced to visit a restaurant across the road to purchase trays of noodles, rice and other food which they brought to their reception, held at a local hotel.
The exhausted bride was devastated to be serving greasy street food and blackcurrant squash to her guests" so it's obvious the caterer was supposed to provide the main entrée food items AND the cake.
Breh said in Thailand or whatever when it clearly says Phillipines before the story starts, so I knew he ain't read a damn thing...

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A caterer provides the food and all the accompanying accouterments. They are responsible for organizing everything. They even prepare the entree's or whatever items on the menu. But go online to any catering business website and see if they have wedding cakes on their catering menu. They won't because they don't often make wedding cakes. They usually they arrange for a wedding cake to made. All the caterer would do is pick up the cake and deliver it to the venue. and set up the serving utensils and plates and everything for it.
omg.. it's the wedding PLANNER that was supposed to provide the FOOD and the CAKE. She was running a scam bc she didn't come through with either of them - the food or the cake. The wedding planner contracts with the caterer who was then responsible for the food items. The wedding planner was arrested- not the caterer. The bridge/groom were paying money to the wedding planner, who obviously scammed them bc NONE of the food items came through. Not only that- its another country and even if it wasn't that, there are situations with caterers that do both food and dessert items OR the caterer will hire someone specifically to make the cake, that's not out of the ordinary; so the caterer could very well have been responsible for both the food and cake. But the main issue is the wedding planner who didn't fufill her duties of obtaining the services and oversight of the food. The fact that she pulled up with a styrocake, had to be known to her bc she didn't even follow up with the actual main food items.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Breh said in Thailand or whatever when it clearly says Phillipines before the story starts, so I knew he ain't read a damn thing...
the location doesn't change my point. All i'm saying is the cake may have just been a mistake. Clearly the catering company is responsible for all of this. They failed to do what they were hired to do, but i don't think the cake having a fake bottom was some insidious plot considering you can never get away with it. Like i said most catering companies don't actually bake the wedding cake. So saying they inserted a false bottom on purpose is like blaming a uber eats driver for an overcooked pizza. At my wedding, we even choose the cake shop our caterer's got the cake from.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
omg.. it's the wedding PLANNER that was supposed to provide the FOOD and the CAKE. She was running a scam bc she didn't come through with either of them - the food or the cake. The wedding planner contracts with the caterer who was then responsible for the food items. The wedding planner was arrested- not the caterer. The bridge/groom were paying money to the wedding planner, who obviously scammed them bc NONE of the food items came through. Not only that- its another country and even if it wasn't that, there are situations with caterers that do both food and dessert items OR the caterer will hire someone specifically to make the cake, that's not out of the ordinary; so the caterer could very well have been responsible for both the food and cake. But the main issue is the wedding planner who didn't fufill her duties of obtaining the services and oversight of the food. The fact that she pulled up with a styrocake, had to be known to her bc she didn't even follow up with the actual main food items.
The article the OP quoted says "Arrested: Caterer Krissa Cananea"

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The article the OP quoted says "Arrested: Caterer Krissa Cananea"
cmon b..:snoop: you gotta read the article in its entirety, not just the bold.:stopitslime:sheeeshhh... this is what u really want to go back and forth about :gucci:
"Officers inspected to two-tier wedding cake - confirming that the base was made entirely from foam wrapped in red icing - and questioned wedding planner Krissa Cananea."
Meaning she was the provider of the catering and food services.