"BRICK CITY" THE OFFICIAL NEWARK DISCUSSION THREAD

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I;m looking to buy in the next couple of years, I wish they would promote more of those lot deals like they had before.

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
I;m looking to buy in the next couple of years, I wish they would promote more of those lot deals like they had before.
Yea I do agree the PR or media team for the city has to do a better job at promoting these things. If anyone in here have info on the next auctions or lot deals, feel free to post them in here.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Yea I do agree the PR or media team for the city has to do a better job at promoting these things. If anyone in here have info on the next auctions or lot deals, feel free to post them in here.
Used to be listed, as per law, in the print Star Ledger

classified/auctions/public notices

Newark was and is NOTORIOUS for not listing them, so that relatives of officials and cops can buy everything up.
They'd post the week after the auctions.

I blew the whistle on them for not posting the listing years ago.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
IN FACT, That is what Sharpe James got convicted and sentenced for

Published July 29, 2008

Former Newark, N.J., Mayor Sharpe James Sentenced to 2 Years, 3 Months in Federal Prison
By | Associated Press
NEWARK, N.J. – Former Newark Mayor Sharpe James was sentenced to more than two years in federal prison on Tuesday for his role in the cut-rate sales of city land to his former mistress.

U.S. District Judge William Martini gave James 27 months and ordered him to pay a $100,000 fine, but did not require him to pay restitution to the city.

Federal prosecutors were seeking up to 20 years for James, but the judge last week said such a long sentence was not warranted.

The 72-year-old former mayor apologized to the city and his family before sentencing. "I made a mistake. I'm a human being," he said.

"I would like to apologize to my wife of 44 years and my mother, who is 94, for the hardship and suffering they have had to endure," James told the hushed courtroom. "If I made a mistake, it was not of malice or intent."

Defense lawyers sought probation for James, who led New Jersey's largest city for 20 years. He was also a Democratic state senator.

Also sentenced Tuesday was James' former mistress, 39-year-old Tamika Riley, who got a 15-month term and was ordered to repay $27,000 for cheating on a federal housing subsidy.

Prosecutors charged that James abused his office and betrayed his constituents by arranging for the sale of nine city-owned properties for $46,000 to Riley from 2001 to 2005. Riley quickly sold them for $665,000 without ever starting required rehabilitation work on most of them, prosecutors said

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Salute to the brotha @Get These Nets for keeping the information flowing.

The reinvestment into Newark is a bitter sweet kind of thing. Eventually natives to the city won’t be able to afford living there which is sad. But the biggest city in NJ needed this revitalization. Now if they can fix the damn roads, and the nasty ass water.

And the flooding on McCarter hwy is ridiculous. I was late to work at least twice last year because of the flooding by 280.