*Briahna Joy Gray* looking mad grifterish

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
These people are politicians, first. They may want nice things, but they are ambitious people. Joy Grey and other like her gotta realize that in order to change their views, you have to do proper grass roots political education to change their voters minds, which will change theirs.
Yea, it's politics. You'd think they have people in some kinda office that they actually throw support behind, or at least candidates challenging the people in office to pull them left. They don't. They have hypothetical circumstances where everything falls perfectly into place if only the current folk in office would play hardball.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Hang on breh, just because she is right in the framing doesn't mean I necessarily agree with her position.

What she said is correct regarding AOC and Bernie endorsing them and not being able to be labeled as progressives. And to an extent, I do agree with her because its July 2023, and I am unsure of what they have actually gained by doing that, except moving closer to the party's elite which they both are supposed to be against.

Saying that, Bernie and AOC will support Biden as there is no alternative candidate to him. You can be right on ideology, but if you don't have a clear goal in mind---which is my major critique of Briana Joy Gray and many youtube leftists---and aren't in communities giving people an education on your ideology and a political education---another major critique I have of them---then complaining about something like this is fruitless and just bringing more attention to your Patreon.

The only reason I interjected on here is because @Piff Perkins and a few others missed that her beef was ideological more than political. Like I said before being a Donkey, Elephant or wearing Green or screaming Reform is not an ideology but I think a bunch of people on this forum believe party affiliation is that.

I don't believe it's ideological or political, actually. She's a disingenuous grifter who despises "the (liberal) system," I can't assume there is any genuine or consistent process behind anything she says or does. She's out here winking and nodding at right wingers because that's where the money is. Unless you're TYT or in the scumbag left type range, you aren't making money on the left in the #content game. Which is why most of them end up talking about white working class men being the key, complaining about trans people, or saying there are serious questions that need to be answered about the covid vaccine.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Yea, it's politics. You'd think they have people in some kinda office that they actually throw support behind, or at least candidates challenging the people in office to pull them left. They don't. They have hypothetical circumstances where everything falls perfectly into place if only the current folk in office would play hardball.
Bri is a corporate lawyer by training like me, she has no actual grassroots organizing background. She’s basically someone making the sort of arguments you would make in the policy section of a law school exam or if you were writing articles the way she used to about how things “should be” and how we “should” think. She’s an essayist, not a politician. And I think that’s fine. Some people have the sole role of fostering your imagination. The problem is that Sanders gave her a role she shouldn’t have had because of her ideological fealty and she’s used that perch to make political critiques that aren’t grounded in reality. In other words, high off her own supply.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Exactly

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I don't believe it's ideological or political, actually. She's a disingenuous grifter who despises "the (liberal) system," I can't assume there is any genuine or consistent process behind anything she says or does. She's out here winking and nodding at right wingers because that's where the money is. Unless you're TYT or in the scumbag left type range, you aren't making money on the left in the #content game. Which is why most of them end up talking about white working class men being the key, complaining about trans people, or saying there are serious questions that need to be answered about the covid vaccine.
grifter - a person who engages in petty or small scale swindling.

That woman is absolutely not a grifter. She isn’t a millionaire off this stuff, and I think she lost a from what her prior career was. She earnestly believes what she is saying. I don’t agree with her all the time, but I know she ain’t bullshytting. I know she isn’t taking advantage of people, and based on what my prior posts said, she isn’t influencing anyone to do something they were not thinking about.

That definition reply applies to your favorite milquetoast politician, but that’s another convo.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
grifter - a person who engages in petty or small scale swindling.

That woman is absolutely not a grifter. She isn’t a millionaire off this stuff, and I think she lost a from what her prior career was. She earnestly believes what she is saying. I don’t agree with her all the time, but I know she ain’t bullshytting. I know she isn’t taking advantage of people, and based on what my prior posts said, she isn’t influencing anyone to do something they were not thinking about.

That definition reply applies to your favorite milquetoast politician, but that’s another convo.
Yeah, unless she’s making over 600k a year, she’s making less than what she would be making in big law at her seniority level and I’m understating it depending on if she made partner.

Daps
Yeah, unless she’s making over 600k a year, she’s making less than what she would be making in big law at her seniority level and I’m understating it depending on if she made partner.

Counterpoint. Her current MO is way easier than what would be required of her as a non-equity partner at a law firm

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Counterpoint. Her current MO is way easier than what would be required of her as a non-equity partner at a law firm
She had already left big law and was working at a boutique firm that was letting her write for current affairs and shoot her podcast. Her likely salary was 350k. Point is, yes, she needs to pay bills but she also genuinely believes everything she says. I went to law school with a lot of her type. I think you guys have friends that are just like you - which isn’t a knock - most people gravitate to people like them. The only difference is those types usually end up in public interest law - some variation of immigration, tenant rights, juvenile defense, prisoner’s rights, etc. Go look at any name brand public interest organization and 45 percent of them are just like her. And at her level, they’re making six figures as well. For example, if I went the public interest route right now, I could command 150k pretty easily.

Daps
She had already left big law and was working at a boutique firm that was letting her write for current affairs and shoot her podcast. Her likely salary was 350k. Point is, yes, she needs to pay bills but she also genuinely believes everything she says. I went to law school with a lot of her type. I think you guys have friends that are just like you - which isn’t a knock - most people gravitate to people like them. The only difference is those types usually end up in public interest law - some variation of immigration, tenant rights, juvenile defense, prisoner’s rights, etc. Go look at any name brand public interest organization and 45 percent of them are just like her. And at her level, they’re making six figures as well. For example, if I went the public interest route right now, I could command 150k pretty easily.

At the risk of outing myself, I went to law school with her. And my overall point was that the big law grind is nightmarish at the service partner level. The public interest grind is also a long slog for the unicorn six figures job. If she’s knocking down 200k off just saying random shyt on a podcast, it’s a way easier life than billing 2200 hours/year.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
At the risk of outing myself, I went to law school with her. And my overall point was that the big law grind is nightmarish at the service partner level. The public interest grind is also a long slog for the unicorn six figures job. If she’s knocking down 200k off just saying random shyt on a podcast, it’s a way easier life than billing 2200 hours/year.

Do you share her worldview? She seems to love white people to her core.

Daps
Do you share her worldview? She seems to love white people to her core.
Not in particular. I’m left leaning and remember being annoyed as shyt whenever she talked in class. I’m at least 2 occasions she burned an entire class period arguing the professor about some dumb shyt. Like straight up argued for an hour+

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Of course, and at the risk of outing myself, I personally asked her how she pulled off the boutique job while doing the other things. She wasn’t billing those many hours anymore. It was in the 1800 to 1900 range. Also, it’s not really a long slog for the six figure public interest job with our credentials. You’d be doing that within 5 years or less depending on who you’re working for. You know, and I know, the big PI places love people of our pedigree. Once you reach the point where you’re supervising others you’re not far off. But yeah, her current job has less stress than ours regardless unless people hating you on the internet is a problem for you.