*Briahna Joy Gray* looking mad grifterish

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
She's mad at AOC and Bernie endorsing Biden.

:mjlol:

The purity tests from these weirdos stay having them cancel their champions every 6 months :mjlol:

When you know this, you can’t have a serious conversation with them here or anywhere unless you are bored or some shyt :mjlol:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You gotta decide whether you think progressives moved the party left and as a result we see progressive legislation and executive action taking place or if you just want to be a whiny ass bytch who is never satisfied.

AOCs positions haven’t changed in any monumental way. :pachaha:
If you ask nikkas like him who actually is a progressive champion, if you actually get him to answer the question and not side step it, check back in 6 months to a year and you’ll see that they’ve been canceled :mjlol:

Edit:

You’re a liar, you don’t operate in good faith, and the only thing you’re consistent on is your contempt towards America.
that succinct yet accurate analysis :wow:!

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The purity tests from these weirdos stay having them cancel their champions every 6 months :mjlol:

When you know this, you can’t have a serious conversation with them here or anywhere unless you are bored or some shyt :mjlol:
Your mistake is thinking that Bri is some sort of progressive thought leader. 95 percent of the people she pisses off are the left. I’m not saying she’s right or wrong but she’s not even in step with most progressive podcasters, let alone activists.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
She's talking about actual problems and a critique of progressives going to the center and you say "she's wrong because you have to goto the center."

She is 100% right, tbh. Those people have no real convictions. If that’s what AOC, Bernie and co want for more power and influence, fine. Maybe that works for them long term and they can potentially move the party to the left. But since you are a sorta political historian, you know that doesn’t track.
I think that they are happy with the extent Biden has been willing to listen to some of their ideas and there’s no viable progressive alternative right now. They’d rather fight down ballot for guys like Mondaire Jones to get back in Congress. There’s really no hope for a progressive candidate to unseat a sitting democratic president so it would a waste of a good candidate.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I think that they are happy with the extent Biden has been willing to listen to some of their ideas and there’s no viable progressive alternative right now. They’d rather fight down ballot for guys like Mondaire Jones to get back in Congress. There’s really no hope for a progressive candidate to unseat a sitting democratic president so it would a waste of a good candidate

Joy Gray’s point from my understanding isn’t an electoral position but ideological. You can’t say me and Biden wouldn’t be in the same party under a different political system, and then enthusiastically support him 16 months in advance. From a Democratic Party standpoint, it makes sense (although Bernie is supposedly not Democrat), but from an ideological standpoint it’s incongruent.

The problem with a lot of these discussions, and why I had to reply to this thread, is a lot of people think your political party affiliation is an ideology when it’s not.

Politically, Joy Grey is wrong but she is 100% right from an ideological perspective.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Joy Gray’s point from my understanding isn’t an electoral position but ideological. You can’t say me and Biden wouldn’t be in the same party under a different political system, and then enthusiastically support him 16 months in advance. From a Democratic Party standpoint, it makes sense (although Bernie is supposedly not Democrat), but from an ideological standpoint it’s incongruent.

The problem with a lot of these discussions, and why I had to reply to this thread, is a lot of people think your political party affiliation is an ideology when it’s not.

Politically, Joy Grey is wrong but she is 100% right from an ideological perspective.
Right. I think she gets into philosophical debates when people are talking about actionable items and it’s why she frustrates other progressives so often. At this point, I do wonder if she’s actually interested in being a credible voice in the progressive sphere because she seems to have annoyed everyone.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Right. I think she gets into philosophical debates when people are talking about actionable items and it’s why she frustrates other progressives so often. At this point, I do wonder if she’s actually interested in being a credible voice in the progressive sphere because she seems to have annoyed everyone.
TBH, I like watching online left content but I take none of them seriously because they talking to me and not connecting with lower-income folks. Joy Gray's issue IMO is the same as everyone else in that space.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
TBH, I like watching online left content but I take none of them seriously because they talking to me and not connecting with lower-income folks. Joy Gray's issue IMO is the same as everyone else in that space.
I agree, I was talking moreso about the people in the field who were in her comments about this shyt.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Idk wtf value an ideological perspective has if it requires ignoring being realistic about what is attainable. I don't care about ideological purity tests if they're completely removed from actual material accomplishments. Bri likes to pretend that her ideological arguments somehow would lead to material gains and it's "100%" goofie every damned time she does it.

At best, she's purely entertainment, pushing some hackneyed leftist fantasies that have no solid foundation or serious approach behind them (ie: FTV was stupid and always will be stupid no matter how many times she randomly tries to relitigate it). At worst, she's actually being detrimental to material gains (ie: let's trash the most left-leaning members of Congress for doing the obvious things that they'd need to do to maintain some form of voice in the room).

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Idk wtf value an ideological perspective has if it requires ignoring being realistic about what is attainable. I don't care about ideological purity tests if they're completely removed from actual material accomplishments. Bri likes to pretend that her ideological arguments somehow would lead to material gains and it's "100%" goofie every damned time she does it.

At best, she's purely entertainment, pushing some hackneyed leftist fantasies that have no solid foundation or serious approach behind them (ie: FTV was stupid and always will be stupid no matter how many times she randomly tries to relitigate it). At worst, she's actually being detrimental to material gains (ie: let's trash the most left-leaning members of Congress for doing the obvious things that they'd need to do to maintain some form of voice in the room).
Hang on breh, just because she is right in the framing doesn't mean I necessarily agree with her position.

What she said is correct regarding AOC and Bernie endorsing them and not being able to be labeled as progressives. And to an extent, I do agree with her because its July 2023, and I am unsure of what they have actually gained by doing that, except moving closer to the party's elite which they both are supposed to be against.

Saying that, Bernie and AOC will support Biden as there is no alternative candidate to him. You can be right on ideology, but if you don't have a clear goal in mind---which is my major critique of Briana Joy Gray and many youtube leftists---and aren't in communities giving people an education on your ideology and a political education---another major critique I have of them---then complaining about something like this is fruitless and just bringing more attention to your Patreon.

The only reason I interjected on here is because @Piff Perkins and a few others missed that her beef was ideological more than political. Like I said before being a Donkey, Elephant or wearing Green or screaming Reform is not an ideology but I think a bunch of people on this forum believe party affiliation is that.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
This just isn’t the hill the die on and there really isn’t the need to craft a nuanced argument over it.

They’re going to vote for Biden — again. Endorse him, get it over with, and get back speaking on the issues you care about.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Hang on breh, just because she is right in the framing doesn't mean I necessarily agree with her position.

What she said is correct regarding AOC and Bernie endorsing them and not being able to be labeled as progressives. And to an extent, I do agree with her because its July 2023, and I am unsure of what they have actually gained by doing that, except moving closer to the party's elite which they both are supposed to be against.
All my visceral is reserved for the grifter, not you. But the idea that she's correct on ideology is shoddy at best. As you say later, ideology without a material end goal is just fantasy.

What she said is bullshyt. What does holding off on endorsing Biden accomplish? Is there anything material they can extract by withholding endorsement for the sitting incumbent president who also leads the party and has given more progressives inclusion in his cabinet and on major committee chairs than anyone for the last 30 years? My answer is nope.

Realistically there's not a lot to gain from this endorsement, but also nothing to lose except for Bri's psuedo-left reactionary supporters who get by on the same aggrievement politics that your average MAGA dikkhead does.

Saying that, Bernie and AOC will support Biden as there is no alternative candidate to him. You can be right on ideology, but if you don't have a clear goal in mind---which is my major critique of Briana Joy Gray and many youtube leftists---and aren't in communities giving people an education on your ideology and a political education---another major critique I have of them---then complaining about something like this is fruitless and just bringing more attention to your Patreon.

The only reason I interjected on here is because @Piff Perkins and a few others missed that her beef was ideological more than political. Like I said before being a Donkey, Elephant or wearing Green or screaming Reform is not an ideology but I think a bunch of people on this forum believe party affiliation is that.
Exactly this. There's no alternative for the endorsement. There's no strategic value to withholding it. But maybe a show of good faith now gets Biden and co. to throw AOC or Bernie a bone when it's time to endorse down-ballot candidates that they're pushing. Bernie's in a position to press the next NIH Director candidate. AOC's Green New Deal concepts went from being treated as ridiculous and radical to being normalized after Biden backed it in initial budget talks.

Those aren't massive game-changers or anything. But they are a big step forward compared to the situation prior.

Bri's logic is goofy. If you throw out any concept of realism or material impact, sure, she's got a point. But anyone that wants actually to move legislation left would be a dummy to target the most left-leaning congresspeople with the most influence in the broader party over something so petty. Now if she wants to cash in on Jimmy Dore's dummies, this is genius...because those morons eat this up.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
All my visceral is reserved for the grifter, not you. But the idea that she's correct on ideology is shoddy at best. As you say later, ideology without a material end goal is just fantasy.

What she said is bullshyt. What does holding off on endorsing Biden accomplish? Is there anything material they can extract by withholding endorsement for the sitting incumbent president who also leads the party and has given more progressives inclusion in his cabinet and on major committee chairs than anyone for the last 30 years? My answer is nope.

Realistically there's not a lot to gain from this endorsement, but also nothing to lose except for Bri's psuedo-left reactionary supporters who get by on the same aggrievement politics that your average MAGA dikkhead does.

Exactly this. There's no alternative for the endorsement. There's no strategic value to withholding it. But maybe a show of good faith now gets Biden and co. to throw AOC or Bernie a bone when it's time to endorse down-ballot candidates that they're pushing. Bernie's in a position to press the next NIH Director candidate. AOC's Green New Deal concepts went from being treated as ridiculous and radical to being normalized after Biden backed it in initial budget talks.

Those aren't massive game-changers or anything. But they are a big step forward compared to the situation prior.

Bri's logic is goofy. If you throw out any concept of realism or material impact, sure, she's got a point. But anyone that wants actually to move legislation left would be a dummy to target the most left-leaning congresspeople with the most influence in the broader party over something so petty. Now if she wants to cash in on Jimmy Dore's dummies, this is genius...because those morons eat this up.
These people are politicians, first. They may want nice things, but they are ambitious people. Joy Grey and other like her gotta realize that in order to change their views, you have to do proper grass roots political education to change their voters minds, which will change theirs.