Bret having the best match in RR, WM, SS, and Survivor Series History appreciation

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I Believe The WM 14 Arc With Tyson & DX Was More Important For Austin/WWF Than WM13 with Bret.

As far as matches off the top of my head i believe that HBK/Flair match is up there the apex.

The Austin/HBK isn't even a 5 star match, much less as important as the two I mentioned. Austin winning the title was the a formality at that point, it was the match with Bret that validated him as biggest name in the industry.

And HBK/Flair isn't a 5 star match either and that match was only important to Flair and HBK's future storyline with Batista. You can argue that it set the tone for HBK's final run of his career because his last few WM matches mimic'ed his Flair match along with his retirement.

But as I said, that match only effected 2 people on a dramatic level. The Austin/Bret match completely changed what the WWE was about, set the tone for the ENTIRE Attitude Era and redefined what a face and a heel could be in the industry. There is not a single WWE match that is touching it.

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Austin/HBK isn't even a 5 star match, much less as important as the two I mentioned. Austin winning the title was the a formality at that point, it was the match with Bret that validated him as biggest name in the industry.

And HBK/Flair isn't a 5 star match either and that match was only important to Flair and HBK's future storyline with Batista. You can argue that it set the tone for HBK's final run of his career because his last few WM matches mimic'ed his Flair match along with his retirement.

But as I said, that match only effected 2 people on a dramatic level. The Austin/Bret match completely changed what the WWE was about, set the tone for the ENTIRE Attitude Era and redefined what a face and a heel could be in the industry. There is not a single WWE match that is touching it.

Steamboat/Savage > Bret/Austin

Austin/Bret legitimized Attitude Era you say? well...Wrestlemania 3 legitimized WWF PERIOD....the real main event stole the show, 70,000 strong in the pontiac silverdome on the most important wrestling card ever:jawalrus:

legitimizing WWF >>> Legitimizing a 3 year period of peak popularity

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

I Dont Agree, But Its Your Opinion :yeshrug: But Austin was NOWHERE near the biggest name in the industry at that point. Tyson & Vince did that

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Steamboat/Savage > Bret/Austin

Austin/Bret legitimized Attitude Era you say? well...Wrestlemania 3 legitimized WWF PERIOD....the real main event stole the show, 70,000 strong in the pontiac silverdome on the most important wrestling card ever:jawalrus:

legitimizing WWF >>> Legitimizing a 3 year period of peak popularity

4 things...

1. I disagree. I don't think Steamboat/Savage was a better match than Bret/Austin. I legitimately think Bret/Austin is the best match I've ever seen in my 26+ years of watching wrestling. However I already said when it comes to splitting hairs on classic matches (both are 5 star classics) it comes down to style preference. We just prefer different styles, apparently.

2. Savage/Steamboat as didn't mean much, especially in comparison to Bret/Austin. What was that match's impact on the industry? That match validated Macho as he won the title next year, but are you REALLY trying to compare Macho's first run with Austin's first run? :comeon:

3. Wrestlemania 3? You are already switching up your arguement. We are talking MATCHES here, not entire PPV cards. I will fully admit WM13 was a shyt card outside of this one GOAT of GOAT matches, but that an entirely different arguement. Let's stay on topic of the matches.

4. I've already said that Andre/Hogan is the one and ONLY match that meant as must as Bret/Austin, but they are not even CLOSE to each other when you are talking about match quality. Bret/Austin had it ALL, 5 star match, GOAT storytelling and unrivaled impact. You can't name another match touching it....

...But if you are up for the challenge... :smugcena:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I Dont Agree, But Its Your Opinion :yeshrug: But Austin was NOWHERE near the biggest name in the industry at that point. Tyson & Vince did that

After WM13, who was bigger than Austin at that point? Name me one guy that could out pop Austin in that time period? Because nobody in the WWE, not Bret, not HBK, not Taker, not Sid, were touching Austin's overness at the point.

WM13 is the REAL moment Austin won the crowd over. People mention the KotR speech, or the SS fued/match with Bret or even The Ringmaster whippin Savio Vega as when the crowd turned for Austin but Austin always had split reactions at the time. He never fully had the crowd UNTIL that double turn @ WM13. Listen to the post WM RAW interviews after it, both wrestlers mention this. The point Austin had the crowd was always debateable but after WM13, it wasn't debateable anymore.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
After WM13, who was bigger than Austin at that point? Name me one guy that could out pop Austin in that time period? Because nobody in the WWE, not Bret, not HBK, not Taker, not Sid, were touching Austin's overness at the point.

WM13 is the REAL moment Austin won the crowd over. People mention the KotR speech, or the SS fued/match with Bret or even The Ringmaster whippin Savio Vega as when the crowd turned for Austin but Austin always had split reactions at the time. He never fully had the crowd UNTIL that double turn @ WM13. Listen to the post WM RAW interviews after it, both wrestlers mention this. The point Austin had the crowd was always debateable but after WM13, it wasn't debateable anymore.

You might wanna go back and watch some Raw episodes from 97 then

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Macho Man held the title for a full year while Austin just had the belt for like 3 months before Kane won it and then he lost it again in Sept 98. He was always better chasing the belt than being champion...that's what fans paid for.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I just realized Bret gave the entire Kliq the best matches of their careers :ohhh:

:ohhh::leon::ohhh::leon::ohhh:

bret_hart_-_titantron.gif

:stylin:

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Summerslam: Pick a better Summerslam match than 1992 vs Davey Boy or his steel cage match with Owen in 94or his match in 91 with Perfect....or his match with Taker in 97

Cmon breh :why:... the Summerslam match with Undertaker sucked! The ending set up some great stuff with Shawn and the chairshot, but the match itself was long and plodding