Brehs, Why Was The 80's So Fuking Weird?

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPlotAwm8Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPlotAwm8Y[/ame]

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
All I can say is that if you aren't an 80's baby(and I mean 80-86) you missed out on a lot. Amongst the craziness that was the 80's(drugs, serial killers, ect.) and the 90's, that era was the last great era of music(it's shyt now...), movies were better(direction wise.... Graphics are what's hot now but the shyt they were doing with 80's tech was amazing). In places where drugs wasn't flowing, it was peaceful and negros wasn't on this n***a s**t that everybody's on now. Black people were more cultured. Everything was cheaper.... A dollar was worth 5 in the 80's.

Just so much.. We had it good.
:flabbynsick:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Breh you need to understand, in hindsight shyt seems bugged out like one big ass party but back then people were looking for anything to take their mind off reality.

You had AIDS, crack and gangs starting to explode across America. Unemployment was up. When you watch old 80s movies about "the future" (meaning the late 80s, early 90s) the shyt is always a post-apocalyptic waste land because that's what people expected the future to be. "Escape From NY" came out in '81, but it was set in '88....during that time NY was averaging 2000+ murders a year. So was Cali. Crime was up every where, across the board.

On top of all that, you had the Cold War. Google that shyt. U.S. and the Soviet Union had beef. I mean serious beef, not this bullshyt like with North Korea. The world literally almost ended a few times in the 80s.

So if you look at the 90s, or 2000s, then compare it to let's say 1983, it seems :wtf: that people acted so weird and disconnected with reality. That's because we have the hindsight to know things turned out ok. Things did not seem like they would turn out ok in the 80s.

Fred.

Exactly, it seemed like the world was gonna end back then.

I remember being terrified and fascinated by the Russians and Germans and shyt back then.

Remember the East German women in the Olympics?

Them chicks had little nikka like :merchant:

It was the last real era, even though everything seemed synthetic and fake.

People have just been coasting on irony and hiding feelings since the '90s.

People are just numb now.

Back then people actually believed in shyt and cared about shyt.

The 80s has this creeped out retro techno vibe too it. Some of that shyt doesn't even seem real looking back. Very plastic vibe. The whole decade looks like one big TV show. The electronics had this unsettling yet addictive smell. Just strange all around.

You mean, like this shyt?

4f9b831396d2c.jpg