Brehs...we still buying physical disks?

Do you still buy physical disks for console games?

• Almost always

• More often than not, but I download some games

• I download the majority of my games

• Almost never use physical media

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rancor

Pro
Daps
I prefer physical discs but I do have some digital games because the deals were way too good to pass up. The physical discs I like because you can resell the game but that convenience of digital is just amazing. Not having to get up to switch the game out. But I'll be physical all the way until they stop making them completely.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Oh yeah, it installs core files to the HDD, but it still reads from from the disc regularly.
Trust me, I know the sound of that disc reviving up by heart now...
It’s not like you simply use the disc as an install disc and that’s it (that would be nice though)
That's exactly what it does tho :manny: the link breaks it down to. Here's one part...
Sony’s PlayStation 4 can run many of its next-gen games in full 1080p high-definition and at 60 frames per second, but to achieve that, it installs every game to its hard drive.

In an extensive PlayStation Blog update today, Sony revealed a ton of information about its upcoming system, which debuts Nov. 15 for $400. The company revealed its launch-day lineup and confirmed that the console won’t support external hard drives. Now we are learning that the system will need to install every game it plays to its hard drive — that includes disc-based Blu-ray titles.

All PS4 Blu-ray disc games must be cached to the hard drive to ensure a smooth gaming experience,” reads Sony’s PS4 blog. “However, certain titles may not require you to wait for the game data to be fully cached before starting gameplay
Xbox works the same way, and the fear gamers had about offline play not working? That's still a reality. When my internet goes down (rarely) i can't access all my games. Usually it's games I've played within the last 30 days. I have over 500, only a dozen or so work when i have no internet connection. Another fact that might not be widely known :francis:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
That's exactly what it does tho :manny: the link breaks it down to. Here's one part...

Xbox works the same way, and the fear gamers had about offline play not working? That's still a reality. When my internet goes down (rarely) i can't access all my games. Usually it's games I've played within the last 30 days. I have over 500, only a dozen or so work when i have no internet connection. Another fact that might not be widely known :francis:
:hubie:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Always digital

got a TB of space, might as well use it on games.

Only game that makes the ps4 blow loudly is RDR2

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only if the physical version is way cheaper than digital. For example I bought RDR2 last year physical for $40 while the digital was still $60. :yeshrug:I have about 21 games on both Xbox and PS4 and only 3 are physical and 1 came with the console. :pachaha:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm almost entirely digital, unless there's a really good deal on the physical version.

Games don't take terribly long to download, and the convenience and accessibility of being able to just cop whenever is ideal for me.

I think the only thing that could get me to buy physical on a consistent basis is if there were a lovp mom n pop shop to buy from.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
I had every intention to do so to help support the local offline commerce but this generation force you too install every game regardless so I went full digital.

• Dap
Reactions: x2y

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Let me end this stupid debate right now...

Sony fanboys, unless the ps5 comes with a 5 disc bluray changer.. then how you planning on instantly loading up games next gen with physical copies? :sas1: