Brehs...we still buying physical disks?

Do you still buy physical disks for console games?

• Almost always

• More often than not, but I download some games

• I download the majority of my games

• Almost never use physical media

Results are only viewable after voting.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
For those of us with consoles, are you still buying/ordering disks for games or are you all about that download life?

Personally I still tend to lean toward physical disks for most games. Mainly because some games take longer to download than I care to wait, and because if/when my PS4 craps out and I get a new one (or upgrade to PS5, or whatever) I won't have to worry about re-downloading anything or transferring between hard drives.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
No, but only because I only buy 1 or 2 new games a year max. I might buy discs at those crazy Rapestop sales. I believe in owning physical media, but the stuff I buy I usually don't plan to get rid of in a short time, so resale is unlikely.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Last physical disc I bought was Uncharted 4. I’m pretty much 100% digital now.

• Dap
Reactions: x2y

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Most of my games are digital, but I try to go by what’s cheaper.

For example, a couple months ago GameStop had a sale where you could get 4 preowned games that cost $10 or less for $5 a piece.

Doesn’t sound like an amazing deal with the $10 limit, right? But I walked out of the store with

Megaman X Legacy Collection 1+2 (Xbox)
Megaman 11 (PS4)
Deception IV (PS4)
FF Type-0 HD (PS4)

None of these games have ever been $5 on psn/xbl so I saved a decent amount of cash

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
I bought gta 5 on disk but everything else is digital. I lost so many games during the Xbox and 360 years that it’s better I have everything tied to my account.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah...did away w/ physical this gen for the most part

the only physical games I had were quantum break...uncharted 4 and BOTW...and eventually traded those in and bought their digital counterparts when it was cheap enough...I don’t like clutter and have far too many games across consoles to do physical (approx. 200)

• Dap
Reactions: x2y

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
If the price is right :manny:

I just bought a grip off Amazon :mjgrin:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Both.

I prefer disc for the sense of ownership.

But in my experience on the PS4...digital seems to run better. Don’t have the disc drive spinning, revving up, stopping, making weird noises.
I see what you believe and you got dapped so others think it too.

Now here's the truth...

PlayStation 4 installs every game to its hard drive (even disc-based titles)

There is no physical anymore, because even if you have a physical the game isn't accessed via the disc. So basically it's coming down to do you wanna upload the game to your hdd or download it. But it'll still require updates that are downloaded.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I see what you believe and you got dapped so others think it too.

Now here's the truth...

PlayStation 4 installs every game to its hard drive (even disc-based titles)

There is no physical anymore, because even if you have a physical the game isn't accessed via the disc. So basically it's coming down to do you wanna upload the game to your hdd or download it. But it'll still require updates that are downloaded.
Oh yeah, it installs core files to the HDD, but it still reads from from the disc regularly.
Trust me, I know the sound of that disc reviving up by heart now...
It’s not like you simply use the disc as an install disc and that’s it (that would be nice though)