Brehs school me on Mad Men

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
You can't agree with something that wasn't stated. I'm not gonna speak for another person though.

Nothing dramatic happening, now that's 100% false :laugh:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Very well made show, a bit on the boring side. Fans will get mad and say anyone who thinks it boring is below them, but the shyts boring

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Very well made show, a bit on the boring side. Fans will get mad and say anyone who thinks it boring is below them, but the shyts boring
Well if someone was a fan and watched the show every Sunday they probably wouldn't consider it boring :ld:

Anyway :laugh: @ the extremes of everything though. Either it's boring garbage where nothing happens or it's an amazingly written show with excellent acting, writing, and characters.

Looks like thread starter will have to decide how he see it :yes:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Give some examples of why its an amazingly written show that's different than any other daytime soap?
Umm, because the characters aren't one-dimensional stereotypes and the storyline isn't based around stock female situations like most soap operas.

But then again let's just call it Soap Opera so we can get more angel characters, mafia bosses, and death revivals. Oh and vampires are good too :takedat:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Umm, because the characters aren't one-dimensional stereotypes and the storyline isn't based around stock female situations like most soap operas.

But then again let's just call it Soap Opera so we can get more angel characters, mafia bosses, and death revivals. Oh and vampires are good too :takedat:

t post some examples of these amazing storylines/plots with spoiler tags bro :stopitslime:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
t post some examples of these amazing storylines/plots with spoiler tags bro :stopitslime:
Can't do that Thomas. You'd have to watch it yourself to see if it's a soap opera or serial drama, trash or greatness.

Since we at The Coli only do things within the law I'd suggest using Netflix or Amazon Prime.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Well if someone was a fan and watched the show every Sunday they probably wouldn't consider it boring :ld:

Anyway :laugh: @ the extremes of everything though. Either it's boring garbage where nothing happens or it's an amazingly written show with excellent acting, writing, and characters.

Looks like thread starter will have to decide how he see it :yes:

yeah i've never seen a "popular" show have such a wide range of reactions. its either :pacspit: or :ahh: no in between lol.
- i'm surprised so many people like this show i figured the target audience would be 50-60 yo white dudes wanting to reminisce on the past :mjpls:.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Give some examples of why its an amazingly written show that's different than any other daytime soap?

The problem with posting any scene from Mad Men is that you'd probably need to watch the entire episode, or in some cases, the entire show to that point. Someone could post a video of the "That's what the money is for!" scene, but without knowing the relationship between Peggy and Don beforehand, it's impossible to catch why that scene is so powerful.

The best I can do is post a scene from the first episode, and that's the Lucky Strike pitch. It wouldn't even be in my top 10 Mad Men scenes, but like the Snotboogie scene from the Wire, it's the scene that pulled me in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Urahara_Kisuke

12th Squad O.G.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
12th Squad
Don Draper: It's your job. I give you money, you give me ideas.
Peggy Olson: And you never say thank you!
Don Draper: That's what the money's for!

Midge Daniels: [to Don on the phone as Peggy listens] I want you to pull my hair and ravish me and leave me for dead.

Roy: Perpetuating the lie. How do you sleep at night?
Don Draper: On a bed made of money.

:smugdraper:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Lol @ nikkas misinterpreting what I said. I put "nothing happens" in quotes for a reason. A lot happens in Mad Men. It's just that there aren't any explosions (there is one), guns bust, or nikkas about that life. It's the artform being done at its best imo. I've always said about the best TV shows or movies that you could take all the violence out and it would still be an all time great work of art. The Godfather is an example. The Wire as well. Mad Men actually did it. It's just a show where the lives of the characters and their interactions are enough to drive the plot. Real life is pretty dramatic imo.

And I've never considered someone stupid if they didn't like the show. There's this misconception that fans of Mad Men think they're smarter or something. That's not the case at all. I just know that cats won't appreciate it for the reasons already stated in this thread.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I know it's all about Don Draper but I gotta Admit, I can't wait for Roger Sterling to make an Appearance on the Show. Draper's got some Funny Employees Above & Under him. I haven't made it past the 2nd Season though, I plan on Finishing whatever NetFlix has.

:mjpls:

NNKIv.gif

fgIje.gif

vfGSb.gif

ibfGpYmIF8ex0p.gif
:whew:

The Bat Computer
#WayneManor

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know it's all about Don Draper but I gotta Admit, I can't wait for Roger Sterling to make an Appearance on the Show. Draper's got some Funny Employees Above & Under him. I haven't made it past the 2nd Season though, I plan on Finishing whatever NetFlix has.

:mjpls:

NNKIv.gif

fgIje.gif

vfGSb.gif

ibfGpYmIF8ex0p.gif
:whew:

The Bat Computer
#WayneManor

You realize that's not the same person in the last gif though right :whoo: