brehs lets talk cologne game

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
SOTD - Fulton and Roark - Devil's Garden & Mahana

These cats are getting over on marketing (who isn't)

DG - a bit spicy, nothing to write home about
Mahana - the citrus, I guessed grapefruit, but actually pomelo is strong in this.

Nothing we haven't had before.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

F&R - Cloudland​

Top Notes​

Citrus Zest & Transparent Jasmine

Mid Notes​

Jasmine Sambac, Ylang Ylang & Cashmeran

Base Notes​

Ambrox, Skin Musks & Moss Crystals

Very interesting. It's definitely musk, now that I know what that smells like, but there's a touch of "rain" in it. I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me, but if you showed me this note break down, I could not have guessed that this is what this would smell like.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SOTD - L'Homme Ideal EDT

Mornings in NY have been in the 50s but the days warm up to the low 70s. Sometimes a fragrance that I think fits for the morning doesn't work as well by mid afternoon, but since I'm usually up at 5 my cologne has mostly worn off around 2pm or so.

Then again... it's possible my nose is just blind to it.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
How is sacred flame? Looks fire
Arrives today. I'll let you know.
argossacredflame.jpg

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
I just ordered another bottle of Versace Blue Jeans

and I'm going to buy another bottle of Versace Eros the blue bottle next month since I'm almost out

I'm trying out my Burberry Hero decant, smells good, going to see how long it last during the day

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Ok Sacred Flame arrived and these other frag companies ought to take note at the sheer quality of Christian's packaging.

sflame-9.jpg

sflame-4.jpg

sflame-2.jpg

Artwork on the boxes are always amazing.
sflame-5.jpg

sflame-6.jpg

sflame-7.jpg

sflame-8.jpg

Now onto the frag itself. I'm gonna just say it. This might've snatched the title from Triumph of Bacchus as my #1 Argos frag. The quality of the juice alone is like nothing I've ever smelled before.
The opening is high quality peach, bergamot, ginger and cloves with a pepper undertone. The mid I'm getting cinnamon, patchouli and violet. A bit sweet and could've went feminine with the tuberose but still spicy as hell. The drydown is beautiful and start to get the vanilla, amber, and tonka bean and the pepper is still there. Definitely a fall/winter scent and will definitely make a dent in this bottle.
Everything I've gotten from Argos has impressed me.