bimperial.jpg

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Rockin' dat Elysium Pour Homme today.

Honestly, the performance on my skin is leaving a lot to be desired fr. Nothing but a grapefruit party tbh and a party that doesn't even end up lasting very long smh. This ScentSplit pack lowkey boring me
full

Only thing that's impressed me so far is the 1270. Have my thoughts on Bianco Latte but I wanna try it again first.

Hopefully the DecantHouse pack coming in later today is that WMD
full

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
SOTD - Tom Ford Oud Minerale.

The minerale hits me in the head right off the bat.

What does a mineral smell like? Rocks at the beach, river rocks... It's a smidge like the sea.

What about the Oud? - I'm guessing it's combining heavy with the mineral, cause if there's oud in here, it's a low level designer style.

Notes
  • marine accord - yes
  • oud accord - maybe
  • ambergris accord - possibly
  • pink pepper - I've never thought pink pepper smells diff than black pepper. (Sichuan smells citrusy-floral, White pepper will make you sneeze)
  • styrax - I still don't know what this is, or smells like
  • silver fir balsam - Again, no idea.
This is not bad, but not something I'd reach for. If I want to smell like the ocean - Sel Marin or Megamare. If I want sea salt and pepper - Salt and Pepper by Precious Liquids.

I will probably scrub this off and put on something different for the rest of the morning.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My B-612 order from Fragbuy arrived.
They didn't add a free sample in the box.

I'm a little disappointed by that. It's funny. I get so much more excited when my decants arrive than when I buy something I actually love. I guess it's the mystery of whether I will love or hate the decant.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
got some gourmand decants

Black Phantom- prob the exact opposite of the type of fragrances I like but I love this. dark but has that chocolate, caramel, and rum notes. will give it a test run this weekend at an event.

PDM Althair - nothing special but really solid. sweet vanilla fragrance. I think all there stuff is pretty solid tho.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My B-612 order from Fragbuy arrived.
They didn't add a free sample in the box.

I'm a little disappointed by that. It's funny. I get so much more excited when my decants arrive than when I buy something I actually love. I guess it's the mystery of whether I will love or hate the decant.
Those little treats really do make a difference. Which is why I love shopping with FBO. He always adds a little something extra when I buy from him and always puts me onto something worth smelling. He added some Baccarat Rouge 540 foaming bath salts a while back and I used them shyt on Monday (hamstring pull) :banderas:. His free shea butter samples is what got me spinning the block on the frags I got from him and buying full 4-8oz containers.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What should my next purchase be?
What situations will you be in?

If you're going to brunch, what kind of scent are you wearing?

Family BBQ, what are you wearing?

The gym? Summer evening dinner...etc.

Some fragrances will fill multiple scenarios. Other fragrances you have something specific in mind.

That's how I try to think about it when I buy stuff right now. But that's just me. Other guys have different ways of thinking.