brehs lets talk cologne game

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah WIA but I feel bad bringing up Tobacco Vanille because ...no bullshyt ...I wanted to talk about how much I love it like 6 times in the past few weeks in this thread.

But I'm gonna get annoying if I do that.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Yeah WIA but I feel bad bringing up Tobacco Vanille because ...no bullshyt ...I wanted to talk about how much I love it like 6 times in the past few weeks in this thread.

It's the scent that got me in the game.

I paid full retail for it. (well I think there was a 10% sale)
I didn't even try to find the discount!

I've never even smelt a bad clone. I've got 4 oz of the oil!

Tobacco Vanille is perfection itself! (c) to paraphrase Giant Robo.

Back to the oldies - Folks was giving a lot of love to YSL L'Homme.

And of course, Issey Miyake..

But strangely enough Bond No. 9.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's the scent that got me in the game.

I paid full retail for it. (well I think there was a 10% sale)
I didn't even try to find the discount!

I've never even smelt a bad clone. I've got 4 oz of the oil!

Tobacco Vanille is perfection itself! (c) to paraphrase Giant Robo.

Back to the oldies - Folks was giving a lot of love to YSL L'Homme.

And of course, Issey Miyake..

But strangely enough Bond No. 9.
I once saw a Gents Scents video where he said that Issey Miyake's stuff is fine. But that the house's winter scents are outright bangers. Unfortunately they're super hard to find.

But I don't even recall which specific fragrances he was talking about.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

Breh, I'm going to miss wearing Tobacco Vanille (and all of my other winter scents) while it's hot outside.
Does anybody know a good tobacco fragrance that's good for the warmer months? Maybe a nice tobacco & citrus?

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I once saw a Gents Scents video where he said that Issey Miyake's stuff is fine. But that the house's winter scents are outright bangers. Unfortunately they're super hard to find.

But I don't even recall which specific fragrances he was talking about.

Usually the hype Issey's are
  • Or Encens
  • Noir Amber
  • Noir Argent
I don't have Or Encens (incense) but I've got the other 2.
They're cool. Like most designers, they smell nice and mass appealing, but nothing that makes you say COTDAMN.

When I find myself in Japan again, I'll probably cop a bunch of bottles, but I'm not paying big money for them.

Scents that get a major reaction (positive or negative) out of me are rarer and rarer the more I put my nose on. I think that's true across the board, for everything, by everyone.

I remember the first time I heard hip hop, all of it was dope.
Now? I'm combing the interwebs and praying to the algorithm.

Food, fashion, books, tv, movies - my mind just gets used to it.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, I'm going to miss wearing Tobacco Vanille (and all of my other winter scents) while it's hot outside.
Does anybody know a good tobacco fragrance that's good for the warmer months? Maybe a nice tobacco & citrus?
I never smelled it but considering Le Labo is based in Miami, wouldn't Tabac 28 be a summer fragrance?

Edit - they may not actually be headquartered in Miami. My bad.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

Tabac 28, Habanos - for that tobacco leaf smell - but it can get kinda rank in the wrong way.

Akro - Smoke - which I think smells like Backyard BBQ, but most people smell smoke and ash.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Molecule 01 x Commes des Garcon 2 - feels like I unlocked something special with this. Molecule is a cedar/sandalwood aroma chemical, while the CDG has a cedar base note. The mixture is a fresh, woody, and rare scent. Get compliments all the time

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall got me wanting to buy Tobacco Vanille.

My sister bought me Burberry Touch for my bday. Free fragrance :yeshrug:
Sample first.
It's effing expensive. And it never goes on sale at Macy's or Sephora or anywhere.

So if you like the sample, try to look for it at discounters. Or just get a bigger sample to rock next fall/winter

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Ive gone full blown middle eastern cheapies. fukk paying $100+ for some cologne. My last purchase was CH cobalt for $160 and i dont even use it much